Chapter 42

Mr. and Mrs. Mac-Clinton received a call. It was Mackenzie's phone number but the speaker was definitely not her. It was a guy. He told them to come to the hospital that Mackenzie was there.

 How they both got to the hospital, no one could explain it.

           "Mackenzie, what happened?" Mr. Mac-Clinton asked. "I was knocked down..." she said tiredly. "How manage? what about your brother and your sister?" Mrs. Mac-Clinton asked. "MacDonald...MacDonald...." She said before she fell unconscious again. "Oh my God, how can you be this wicked to your children?" Mr. Mac-Clinton asked. "And what's that suppose to mean?" Mrs. Mac-Clinton asked. "I got home, and I saw you and your friend chatting and laughing like purposeless people. You didn't tell me welcome, you didn't respond to my greetings, you didn't come hug me and take my bag..like you use to....." "Take your bag as your what? as your slave or one of your side cheeks?" Mrs Mac-Clinton said interrupting her husband.  "Let's forget about all that! cause I know you don't know the roles of a wife. McKenna told me that they were having school Christmas Carol that I should attend..They told me because am more reliable. I told them I'll tell you to attend since you're on leave. I told you to follow them and you refused. You chose your own friend over your kids! how wicked and cruel can you be?" Mr. Mac-Clinton said. "Why didn't you go?" Mrs. Mac-Clinton asked her husband. "Because I had a meeting, that's why!" Mr. Mac-Clinton explained. "Meeting with Nina! ptww!" Mrs. Mac-Clinton said hissing. "Talking to you is like washing the body of a pig! do you know why? The pig will still go back to the mud!" Mr. Mac-Clinton said.

            "You both must be a funny couple!" A nurse said immediately she entered inside.

But to Mr. and Mrs. Mac-Clinton, it was not funny at all.

                                                      *************

       McKenna ran round college looking for Mackenzie. "Have you seen Mackenzie? a tall, light skinned girl, with curly hair and.... She's 12 years old" She kept describing her younger sister. "No, No, No" People kept saying. It was so discouraging. She was tired and Fed up. "Am such a big fool! how could I have forgotten her!. What if she's not here again?, What if I never see her again?" She kept thinking and crying. "Maybe I should give dad a call!" McKenna thought.

        "Hello dad! Please, do you know where Mackenzie is? do you know where she is? Please dad. I can't find her!" McKenna said crying. "What do you mean?" he acted ignorant. "I mean...I I can't find Mackenzie anywhere in college. "Why did you leave her? where did you and MacDonald go to?" He asked angrily. "Dad, you won't believe it. MacDonald was arrested..I know his safe in the station but I don't know about Mackenzie!" McKenna said worried and concerned. "It's all your fault that Mackenzie is on the hospital bed right now!". He said angrily. "Seriously dad? you're there with her?" McKenna asked relieved. "Dad, just text me the hospital address and I'll come and explain things to you!" McKenna said ending the call.

                                                      ***************************

McKenna got to the hospital and met her parents. She explained things to them..about how MacDonald was arrested and the offence. "They accused him of that! MacDonald can never do that!" McKenna said. "You can't tell!" Mr. Mac-Clinton said. "I should be on my way to the station!" Mr. Mac-Clinton said. Just when he was about to open the door, A young man came in.

   "You're her parents right? am really sorry you didn't meet me here when you came. I went to withdraw money to pay her hospital bills!" The Guy said.

            "Aaron?? Nina's fiance? " Mr. Mac-Clinton asked. "Yeah, oh it's you Mr. Mac-Clinton? My fiancee's boss?" He asked "Yeah!" Mr. Mac-Clinton said. "Nina has told me a lot about you. Am really glad you stopped her from committing suicide that night. If not I wouldn't have been getting married to her. Thanks for saving her for me!" Aaron said smiling.

 "Am really sorry sir, for knocking your daughter down. Am really sorry. I was driving when she ran to the front of my car and she was knocked down. Am really sorry you didn't meet me here. Like I said before I went to Withdraw money for her hospital bill" Aaron said. "No problem, save the money for your wedding! I'll pay.. am her father" Mr. Mac-Clinton said. "And am responsible for her condition!" Aaron said. "Please, let me take responsibilities for my action!" Aaron said. "You were responsible enough to bring her to the hospital, you know? others would have ran a way and left the accident victim on the road. "Thank you sir!" Aaron said. "My pleasure. It's my responsibility to take care of Nina and any one related to her because she has really been helping my business to grow!" Mr. Mac-Clinton said. "See you later. I have something to do now!" Mr. Mac-Clinton said running out to save his irresponsible son.  

     4th December was the worst day ever for McKenna

 She was brokenhearted

Her brother was arrested

Her sister had an accident!

Please don't forget to vote and comment 

KEEP READING..........