Four

It was now 11:50 at night, Lily laying in bed, watching the time tick away on the clock that hung on the wall. Every now and again, she would see the familiar beams of flashlights passing by her door. She kept thinking about how the scenario was going to play out, hoping it won't end badly.

Every now and again, she would hear him waking up with a loud yell, the guards stopping by his door each time that happened.

Feeling his presence again, she sat up, seeing him standing at the foot of her bed.

"Ready?" Natemare asked.

Nodding, she stood up. "I think the guards are leaving now."

"So gonna laugh if this fails." He said with a smile.

"Ugh, shut up.."

Looking out the window on her door, she didn't see anyone. Carefully opening it, she snuck out, staying close to the wall. Stopping, she saw a security camera on the ceiling, forgetting those were there until now.

"Dammit.." She hissed under her breath.

"I got it.." Natemare said. Snapping his fingers, the red light shut off, and they both quickly got to Sean's room.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door, Natemare already leaning against the wall, watching closely.

Sean immediately sat up, surprised. "Lily? What're you doing here?"

"I need to ask you a few things.." She said, standing in front of him. "You came here because of the voice in your head right?"

"Yeah..?"

She crossed her arms. "When you talked to me, when you said you said too much, what did you mean by that?"

Sean froze, not really wanting to talk about it. "N-Nothing..."

"Sean, come on." Lily said. "Who am I gonna tell if you tell me?" Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Natemare smirk.

"I...I can't..." He said, sounding like no matter how much he wanted to say it, it was as if something strong was holding him back to do it.

Lily gripped his shoulders. "Sean, just tell me...what's the name of the voice in your head??"

He suddenly shoved her back hard enough for her to fall to the hard ground. "NO!!!!"

She looked up at him like he was a complete stranger now, slowly standing back up. "You don't trust me..."

"N-No it's not...it's not that..." He began, but then he laughed maniacally. "Ò͏f̵͡͝ ͝͠ç̷͢o̧͏ù͘͠r̢͢͡s͠e ̴i҉҉t̀̕̕'͟ś ̨th͘a̸͟t̴ ͞y͏͘o̡͡u̡ ͢s̀͘͠t̨͏҉u҉p͜id͜ ̢b̡i͠t̵͠ç̶h҉." He added, his voice sounding like it was skipping.

Lily stared at him in fear. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

She saw him smile, but it wasn't just a normal smile. It looked menacing, like he wanted to murder her right then. Backing away, her back hit the door, her hand hovering over the doorknob. Breathing heavily, she saw Natemare standing at full alert, his shoulders tense.

"Get out..." Sean said, blinking a few times. "Get out before he hurts you!"

Not even questioning it, she opened the door, running back to her room. Slamming the door shut, she felt shock run through her.

"Well then..." Natemare said, sitting on her bed. "That was eventful."

"Yeah...just a little..." Lily breathed.

"I think I have an idea to who's in his head, though..." He said.

She whirled around to face him. "What? You do?"

"Yeah..but knowing me, I won't say it." He smiled. "I'll let you figure it out."

With that, he vanished into thin air, leaving a frustrated Lily.

"Fucking knew he would do that.." She murmured. Turning to the bed, she realized it was almost one in the morning when the tiredness really kicked in. Crawling onto it, she covered herself up with the single white sheet.

Closing her eyes, she drifted off almost immediately.

***

Sean could barely sleep, that voice ringing through his head. At times, he would try to break out through the small window, attempting to break the metal bars, but it was no use. Sitting on the bed in defeat, he had his head in his hands, recalling the conversation he had with Lily that ended abruptly.

That voice came through, making him say something he regrets.

Of course it's that, you stupid bitch.

Hearing the laugh, he felt them standing right in front of him. Shoulders tense, he slowly lifted his head up to look into their depthless black eyes.

"Now what do you want?"

"What I've al͏ẁ͝á́y̨̛͝s̢̛ ̸͏w͘a҉̀n͡t͘͢e͡d͠͡." They said, lines of blood running down their neck. "And now you'll get a taste of what it's like."

Gripping Sean's shoulder, he began to breathe heavily before letting out a yell. Lifting his head toward the ceiling, the figure in front of him was gone, feeling it taking over his body before it stopped. Standing up, he walked over to the mirror on the wall, seeing his reflection. Moving his head side to side, a single line of red ran down from his eye. Smiling, he saw the knife in his hand.

"Yo͏̴u҉̸̨'͢r͘ȩ́ ͢m͠͏iņe͞." He said before leaving the room after easily cutting through the lock.