Five

Lily woke up to the sound of yelling out in the hallway. Darting out of bed, she walked out, seeing a group of nurses and doctors huddled around one of the rooms. Curious, she walked up to them.

"What happened?" She asked, not asking anybody in particular.

One of the patients looked over to her. "I think someone was murdered in their room last night."

Eyes widening, she looked at the little window on the door, catching a couple little spots of red. "Holy shit..." She breathed, just as the paramedics carried out the body in one of those big body bags. Moving out of the way, Lily got to the front of the crowd, getting a better look at the room.

It looked as if there was a massacre in there. Blood was splattered all over the walls, the bed completely messed up. The little desk was knocked over, sitting on top of the overturned chair.

"What the hell happened in here?" She asked herself.

"Hey!" A doctor said, startling her. Turning around, they were looking right at her. "Get out of there, this isn't for everyone to sight see!"
Grabbing her by the arm, they took her out of there. Watching them shut the door, Lily rolled her eyes, going to the mess hall to eat.
***
Once Lily got there, she grabbed one of many light blue trays that were stacked on top of each other. The mess hall didn't look much different from everywhere else: light blue walls, a bunch of long tables placed throughout the room, pretty much all tables taken by some people. Some windows overlooked outside, but there wasn't much to see.
When she got to where the food was, it was just some cereal laid out on a table. Picking a random one, she poured herself a little bit in a bowl. Not even bothering to get something to drink, she picked a spot that was furthest away from people.

"Good morning sleepy head." Natemare said, sitting across from her.
She groaned at the sight of him. "You just had to do it here, didn't you?"

"What can I say? I like the element of surprise." He had his elbows on the table. "So...you see what happened?"

Assuming he was talking about the murder sight, she nodded. "Yeah...didn't get a good look because someone dragged me out of there.." She took a bite of her cereal. "It's weird though..."

He tilted his head. "Why?"

Lily sighed, looking annoyed with him. "I don't know...maybe because this was shortly after my encounter with Sean?"

Natemare chuckled. "I know. I just wanted to hear you say it." He looked up. "Speaking of.."
Raising an eyebrow, she turned just as she saw Sean go up to her.

"Mind if I sit with you?" He asked.

Lily thought for a couple seconds. "Sure I guess..go ahead."
Watching him sit down, he looked over to her, completely unaware of Natemare. "Look...I'm sorry that happened when we talked last night..."

She lifted a shoulder. "It's fine...we all have those days and nights..."

"No...not like me..." He said. "It's worse..." He took a deep breath. "This voice...it's more evil than you think...he keeps telling me to..."
Sean trailed off, unable to finish his sentence.

"To do what?" Lily asked, hoping she'll get the answer she wanted last time.

"To do...bad things..." He said in a lowered voice. "Like...really bad things..."

Getting the hint, something clicked in her brain. "Wait...did you see what happened to that person?"

Sean gave a small nod. "Yeah...why?"

"Do you think...well..." She couldn't finish her sentence, but judging by his offended look, he got it right away.

"You think I could do that?? I would never harm anybody!"

"I didn't mean you in specific." She said. "I'm talking about that voice in your head.."

Scoffing, he stood. "This is getting ridiculous. I would never hurt anybody. I know I wouldn't." He gave her a serious look. "So you can stop accusing me of this."
With that, he walked off, Natemare laughing.

"Well that was dramatic." He said.

Lily looked at him. "At least you believe me..."

"Oh you know me.." He, put a hand on her arm. "I'm a trustworthy person."
At this point, Lily gave up on putting up that wall in her mind, the wall that blocks out certain things she doesn't want to show.

She gave a small nod. "I know..."