4• Markus

"Take my hand through the flames"

Y/N's POV:

Me and Connor begin to head back to Hank's place. We stayed out longer than expected, it's almost 7 pm...

I hope Cameron won't mind... me and Connor didn't do much though.

We went to the park and acted like children, just being childish. We went a cafe and caught up, talking about everything we've done in the past two years, we also went bowling and got ice cream. Although only I could eat the ice cream.

We reach Hank's place at 7:24 pm. It's so much later than I wanted... but at least me and Connor are on good terms.

We walk in, both smiling. I see Cameron talking with Lance, as Hank is passed out on the couch.

"Y/N, you're back" Cameron says. "Yea... sorry, we were out longer than expected" I say. "It's fine" Cameron smiles.

My phone vibrates, I check my phone, it's a text from Bryan.

When I was in Canada, me and him caught up, I also met his wife Amelia. She's so beautiful, Bryan is lucky to have her. Me and Bryan are still best friends though, and we don't talk about what happened previously.

Bryan:
I heard you were forced out of Canada, are you ok?

Y/N:
I'm fine! I found a place to stay, no need to worry😊

Bryan:
Good! In case you were wondering, Kara, Alice, and Luther are fine! They stopped by our place earlier

Y/N:
Thank god! I was so worried about them!

Bryan:
At least you're alright! Are Cameron and Lance alright?

Y/N:
I'm sure Cameron is fine, and Lance doesn't seem worried about Detroit

Bryan:
Just be careful, alright? These androids are aloud to express their emotion now, they might not know how to control it, just be careful

Y/N:
Don't worry! I'm literally dating a android! You have nothing to worry about! Now, I have to get Lance to bed, goodnight!

Bryan:
Goodnight Y/N

I put my phone in my pocket. He's right, but I've had my fair share of androids losing control of their emotions. I know how to handle it.

"Lance, it's bedtime" I say. "Can I stay up longer?" Lance asks. "No, you need to sleep" I say. "I don't have school though!" Lance says. "Lance!" I say.

"Alright..." Lance gets up and I take him to his room.

I have to find a school for Lance as well, it shouldn't be too hard.

~Morning~

I stretch and get up. Hank is still passed out, but Cameron and Connor are making breakfast. I've seen this before, I smile.

I'm guessing Lance is still asleep. I get out my phone and look for a school, for Lance. I need a good one... I don't want a ghetto looking school.

I spot a school and call them...

~~~~

Well Lance has school, starting Monday.

"What are you two making?" I ask. "Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and toast" Connor says. "Sounds good" I sit by the two and watch them cook.

"Oh! Are you free today?" Connor asks. I shrug my shoulders and look over to Cameron, just to see if he has anything to say about it.

He just looks at me for a while then looks away. "Uh... no..." I say, unsure. Connor glances over at Cameron then back at me.

"Well... I told Markus you were back in Detroit, he wanted to see you, do you wanna go with me?" Connor asks. "Markus? I would love that! Thank you Connor!" I hug Connor.

I see Cameron in the corner of my eye, he doesn't look okay...

I love him, he has nothing to worry about.

~~~~

Me and Connor get out of the taxi, we're at a really nice house. I hope Markus has been doing good, I missed him. He was like... my best friend, the person I could go to when I couldn't go to Connor.

We go up and knock on the door. A few seconds later, North answers the door. "He-, Y/N? It's so good to see you again!" North hugs me tightly, I hug her back.

North was all about violence during the protest, I'm glad we didn't take her advice.

"Markus is here too, come in" North says. Me and Connor go in, it seems like North and Markus have been living a normal life.

"Markus! Y/N is here" North calls. I see Markus walk downstairs, he smiles widely when he sees me. I go over to him and we both hug each other.

It's been so long. "Y/N! I missed my partner in crime" Markus smiles. "I missed you too" I smile.

"So how have you been? Is Canada nice?" Markus asks. "About that, they found out about Cameron and we moved back to Detroit" I say. "Are you alright? Was it too much trouble?" Markus asks. "Not at all! I'm actually quite glad to be back in Detroit, I get to see everyone again" I smile.

"Oh, I also adopted a kid, Lance, he isn't here right now but I'm sure you'd love him" I say. "A child? Well I'm sure he'll grow up to be just like you, I hope" Markus laughs.

"What about you? What have you been up too?" I ask. "I'm still leading Jericho, not in a fighting kind of way, I'm more of a symbol for freedom for androids apparently" Markus says. "You deserve it! You were the biggest influence for all androids" I say. "You deserve some of that credit too, you helped me out the most" Markus says.

"I don't deserve anything, I'm fine with my family and my friends all back" I say. "You're too kind Y/N, you do deserve some credit, but it's fine if you don't want any" Markus smiles.

"Anyway, Why don't we all sit down and talk? We have a lot of things to talk about" I say.

~~~~

"Bye Markus! Bye North!" Me and Connor say goodbye to the two and leave. Once the door closes I try not to scream.

"Markus and North are getting married?! I'm so excited!" I jump up. "Are you that excited?" Connor asks.

Connor's POV:

"Are you that excited?" I ask. "Of course! I've been waiting for this day, literally forever! Imagine North's dress, and Markus smiling so brightly as North walks down the aisle..."

As she continues to talk about the two, I can't help but look at how bright her eyes are glowing and how much she's smiling. She's so excited about someone else's wedding...

I wonder how excited she'll be when she gets married...