Chapter Five: Beacon Hills Preserve

"So much for a peaceful drive." I sigh as we walk, trying to catch a glimpse of the two boys.

"Our drives are never peaceful. And besides, if they were peaceful, it would be boring." My brother says putting his arm around my shoulder and smiling.

"I guess you're right." I say smiling softly while still keeping an eye out for the boys.

"I'm always right." He says confidently while smirking widely.

"Sure you are." I say sarcasticaly while taking his arm of my shoulder and rolling my eyes.

"Hey, there they are!" He whispers while pointing ahead at the two boys.

I look at the boys and watch as stiles takes a flashlight out of his pocket and turns it on.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott tells stiles.

"Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Stiles retorts sarcasticly.

"No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line." Scott defends himself.

"Hey, that's the spirit. Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one." Stiles says shooting down scotts dreams.

Jason shakes his head besides me.

"That's just cold." He comments.

"Yeah, really." I say as we continue to follow them at a safe distance to not be seen.

"Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?" Asks Scott.

"Huh! I didn't even think about that." Stiles confesses.

Jason and I look at each other in disbelief.

"And, what if whoever killed the body is still out here?" Adds Scott amused.

"Also something I didn't think about." Stiles says before climbing up a small hill.

"It's conforting to know you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail." Scott says breathless trudging up the small hill behind Stiles.

"I know." Replies Stiles.

"Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" Scott wheezes as he takes out his inhaler and leans against a tree.

I see Scott take his inhaler just before they reach the top, but when they do they lie down on the groun quickly. I furrow my eyebrows and Jason and I walk a bit to the let o the boys and stay hidden rom both the boys and whatever they're hiding from.

"Cops." My brother mutters under his breath.

"Come on, hide!" I whisper yell as we both hide behind trees and I look over to see Stiles shut of his flashlight.

"Wait, come on!" I hear Stiles whisper yell to Scott while getting up and running.

"Stiles" Scott whisper yells back to try and stop his friend while taking his inhaler before charging after him.

"Wait up! Stiles!" I hear Scott tell Stiles.

"Come on, we can't loose them." I whisper to my brother as I look over to see him nod.

Jason and I walk after the boys making sure to keep a distance and to stay hidden.

"The cops are getting close." My brother mutters under his breathe.

"I know. What are those two idiots doing?" I ask conused on what their plan is.

"Stiles!" Scott yells a bit louder and Stiles slows down to a stop looking back at the asthmatic boy.

I jump as I hear a dog barking and look over to see Stiles on the ground in front of an officer and his dog, and Scott hiding behind a tree.

"Stay right there!" The officer yells.

"Hang on, hang on. This little delinquent belongs to me." I hear another officer say as he walks onto the scene.

The dog barks again slightly in Jason and my direction so I crouch down and peek around the tree. I look in the dogs eyes and make mine glow for a few seconds showing the dog im an alpha and he quiets down whimpering slightly. I blink and my eyes and they go back to normal while I hide back behind the tree.

"Dad, how are you doing?" Aks Stiles.

"Dad?" Asks ason shocked.

I just look at ason and look back towards the conversation.

"So, do you uh, listen in to all of my phone calls?" Asks Stiles' Father.

"No. Well, not the boring ones." Stiles admits as I face palm quietly at his response.

His father nods then asks "Now, where's your usual partner in crime?"

"Who, Scott? Scott's home. He said he wanted to get a good night's sleep for first day back at school tomorrow. It's just me. In the Woods. Alone." Lies Stiles.

"What a dirty lier." I hear Jason mutter in almost disaproval.

"You're one to talk." I mutter back looking at him with an eyebrow raised.

Jason just smirks and looks back at Stiles so I sigh and look too.

"Scott, you out there?" Asks Stiles father as he shines his flashlight around.

Jason and I hide completly behind our trees and as the flashlight points in Scotts direction I look over to see him hiding behind the tree facing away from Stiles' father.

I hear distant thunder and sigh knowing we're ging to get caught in a down pour.

"Scott?" Stiles' father asks again.

I watch the light disapear and slowly peek out to see that Stiles' father had turn off his flashlight and continued to talk to his son sighing.

"Well, young man, I'm gonna walk you back to your car." Says Stiles' father taking him by the back of the neck and dragging him out of the woods.

"And you and I are gonna have a conversation about something called invasion of privacy." He tells Stiles as they exit out of my line of view.

Thunder crashes and I see Scott walking away. I folow him with Jason behind me. Crickets chirp as we continue deeper into the woods.

"What is he doing?" I asked confused on why he isn't leaving the woods.

"I don't know sis, he's not even the one that wanted to come out her in the first place." Jason replies just as conused as I am.

I look up when I hear a flapping sound and see a few birds flying away and urrow my eyebrows wondering what disturbed them. I see Scott had continued walking so Jason and I continue to follow him when all of a sudden he stops.

"What is he doing?" Asks my brother.

"I don't know. Wait. Do you feel that?" I ask putting my hand up for him to stop walking.

"Yeah. Something's coming." He says as he glances at me then looks back in front of us.

"Something is definately going down in this town" I say as I look back at Jason and sigh while crossing my arms over my chest.

************************************
What's giving them that feeling that something is coming? Is it the new alpha? Or is it something else? If the alpha is there and does attack will they be able to protect Scott? Read the next chapter of Born A Leader to find out!

Hope you guys liked it! Stay bright my little stars!

☆LavenderGalaxy47☆