Jersey Boy

Alex Jersey limped down the hallway, head held high, even though he felt so low.

‘I let it happen again.’ He thought to himself. ‘I’m a disgusting, worthless, useless, low-life,’

“AJ!”

“Whore!” Alex shouted, startled by his friend’s sudden call of his name.

“Why did you call me a whore?” Jaykob laughed.

“I- I didn’t. I was just thinking about myself, and it slipped.” Alex then knew he had said the wrong thing. “Shit, I mean, um, I was thinking about things, and life, just not about me.” He spoke quickly. “Dammit, I mean- Yes, I called you a whore, Jay. Okay? You’re a fucking whore.” Alex darted to his locker, where he stopped to breathe calmly.

“Al, are you okay?” His friend asked hesitantly.

“Jay, I’m fine. I just didn’t get much sleep.” Alex groaned in frustration, unable to come up with a normal lie to his friend.

“Alex, I fucking swear-“

“Jaykob, stop!” Alex snapped. “Just forget about it.” He mumbled, shoving past his friend.

“No, obviously your dad did it last night to you again.” Jaykob didn’t give up.

“Jay, just shut up, and go fuck your girl, or something.”

“Why? So when I’m fucking her, you’ll be fucking your dad?” Jaykob let the words slip right from his mouth, unable to take them back. Alex stopped in tracks, and glared at his friend. Balling up a fist, he sent it at Jaykob’s face.

“Jersey!” Alex was jerked back, making his skin never coming in contact with the other boy’s.

“What?” He shouted, then spun around on his heels, to be greeted by principal and the supervisor of the school.

“I don’t want another fight in this school because you can’t control your temper. Now get to class, both of you.” Principal Avari growled in Alex’s face.

“Whatever. You don’t know shit.” Alex spoke back, unconcerned about any punishment that could be thrown at him.

“Alexander Jersey, if you-“ Alex was threatened.

“Let me guess, If I don’t behave you’ll call my dad and let him take care of me?” Alex smirked.

“Just go to class.” The principal sighed. He knew what Austin Jersey was capable of. Everyone knows what he does to his son every night.

“That Jersey boy is something.” The supervised chuckled a little, watching as Alex limped away and to his classroom. He was already a good ten minutes late, but his teachers knew to let it slide. They all knew. But there wasn’t anything they could do. Alex Jersey was stuck in his home.