(14)

{Jace pov}

"Sir, do you have any idea what Alex should be tested for?" I stood in the hallway outside of Alex's room. Will was silent next to me, scared and confused.

"Any sort of eating disorder, stress disorder, anxiety, and STD." I rattled through many thoughts, but these would be the top ones. The doctor scribbled my words down, then walked back into his room.

"Mr. S, what the hell happened to Jersey's arm?" Will growled, coming towards me, a little bit.

"How bad is it?" Curiosity ate at me. I didn't get a chance to check on it this morning.

"It's starting to blister. Did you hurt him?"

"No! Not at all! Will, I would never hurt him. He did the salt and ice challenge." I told him. Will rolled his eyes, and looked back at the ground."Why are you taking such sudden interest in Alex?" I asked.

"He really looks like he needs somebody. I use to be like that. So I helped him." He shrugged.

"What do you mean you use to be like that?" He said it quickly and casually, but being around Alex, I've picked up on things like that.

"Hmm? Oh, nothing." He brushed it aside. Or tried to.

"Will, talk to me."

"It's nothing." He snorted. "Seriously. Just family problems, I was depressed. I drank like Alex. I was giving up like him. I had my person who helped, and he needs one. Don't you ever fucking leave him again!"

I widened my eyes, and stepped back, Not in fear, but just in shock.

"I wont! And I shouldn't have just left him like I didn't either. I know that. But Alex needs to listen to me!"

"Alex is a fucking child who's going through rough shit. It's what us teens do. We just act out. You have to tell me that you didn't listen as a teen either."

"Mine was a little less dramatic. It wasn't as dangerous. Me being rebellious was staying awake until midnight on a school night. I seriously had what you could call a perfect life. I don't know what you and Alex are going through. So sorry that I can't help him there. But I'm doing the best I can."

Will thought long about my little speech. "Can I be here for him then? For the shit you can't."

"Of course." I nodded.

Will gave a weak smile, and leaned tightly up against the wall.

"Is there anything I can do you for you? I can listen, or get somebody of higher authority called in."

Will shook his head, still smiling. "Just watch out for my brother with me, okay?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

I wasn't sure how to respond. I stood still, mouth hanging open, and eye twitching.

"Wh- I don- brother?" I squeaked.

Will nodded quickly. "Don't say anything to Alex. Just don't. Ever. He has more than me for siblings as well. His dad gets around, remember?"

"Does Austin know?" I asked.

"Most likely not. But thank god for that! I live with my aunt and uncle in a nice place. No violence or hurt. It's good."

I nodded. "Brother." I repeated.

After waiting for some time, I got to know Will a lot better. I just took him as one of my students. He talked back in all his classes, but that's his personalty, I guess. I do see a lot of Alex in him though. Will can be timid.