(4) [Part 1]

{Alex pov}

I forced open my crusty eyes, and stared at the ceiling of my teacher's apartment. I remember being sick all day, dad coming home to fulfill his needs, then Jace coming to my aid afterwards. I remember him walking me into this room, but passing out shortly after. I don't think I said much. I'm hoping I at least told him thanks.

I swung my legs out of the bed, and took my time standing up. I was still weak. My knees shook together, and I held on to the Nightstand for support.

"Alex?" Jace stood in the doorway. He almost seemed surprised to see me up. "Are you okay?"

I nodded my head then let go of the table. "Can I use your bathroom?" I asked him.

"Yeah, of course." he stepped out of the way.

Standing in the bathroom, I stared at myself in the mirror. Under my eyes were purple, and my actual eyes looked bloodshot. Damn storm. I probably made a fool out of myself last night crying or some shit.

"Alex," Jace knocked on the door. "Are you going to school today?"

I narrowed my eyes, thinking hard. Why wouldn't I go to school? I was sick last night. Not this morning. "Yep." I called out.

"Are you sure you don't need time to rest or feel a little better?"

"I'm fine. I'll go." I answered. I couldn't really go home right now anyways. I didn't have a key.

Jace muttered something under his breath. I smiled to myself. Dad does it as well when I'm being stubborn. "What do you want for breakfast?" He called through the door.

"I just want to pee in peace!" I yelled to him.

"Alright. You can shower as well." Jace told me. I looked over to the shower and shivered. Goosebumps covered my arms as I thought back to the games Mr, Bennett would play.

"Fucker!" I shouted, punching the glass door on the shower. "You had no fucking right to do that to me! You aren't my dad, you can't touch me like that!"

"Alex!" Jace threw the door open. "Alex, stop!" His voice was deep and sharp.

"Fuck off, Jace!" I hit the shower one last time, then I loosened my hand and was about to slap Jace, but he forcefully grabbed my wrist. Shoving my body back against the shower, I brought my other hand up.

"Alex, stop!" Jace growled bringing his face in mine.

"Let me go!" I Grunted, trying to push his body back. "You don't fucking understand!"

"Alex, I'm sorry, I don't understand, but just calm down!" Jace's words came out desperate and scared.

I looked away from him and down at the floor.
"Did you grab my apartment key?" I whispered.

Jace was silent for a minute then sighed. "No, I didn't get it. Sorry."

I nodded my head, then walked past Jace. "Do you at least have any of my clothes?" I snapped, storming into the living room.

"In your backpack at the foot of the bed."

I emptied my bag on the bed and shuffled through everything. Jace watched me with an amused look on his face.

"Jace?" I called.

"Are you okay?" he paced into the room.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine."

"What do you need?"

"Why did you make outfits out of my clothes?" I smirked referring to the groups of clothing.

"Because you need to learn organization skills." Jace smiled.

"Dude, are you fucking gay?" I asked. It came out harsh but as a joke at the same time.

"Actually yes. Are you?" his tone was a normal as they come. He had no problem being out.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm use to fucking guys." I explained.

"Wow. What the hell is your dad's problem?" he muttered to himself. But I still answered.

"He's been like this ever since my mom left." I sighed. I've explained the story before, and he's going to find out anyways. "After the first time Dad did this, she took my older brother and little sister and left. I don't know where they went and I don't give to shits. I don't know why dad did it the first time, but otherwise he keeps telling me it's a good bond. That he does it to feel closer to me." I lifted my shirt up over my head and felt Jace's eyes burn into my skin. Was he looking for wounds or did my bare chest turn him on?

"Dad doesn't hit me. He doesn't starve me. He loves me. That's why we have sex. He loves me. He'd never hurt me any other way." I put my clean shirt on then took my pants off next. Jace rolled his eyes and hissed something under his breath. My boxers coming off next, Jace turned his whole body away from mine.

"Alex, why aren't you doing this when I'm not in here?" he asked, covering up his face.

"Because I don't give a rat's ass who sees." I shrugged. And I didn't. Hell, person after person has seen my dad fuck me, so what's the deal if my teacher sees me change my boxers?

"You aren't going to shower?" He asked in disbelief.

"I showered last night." I was almost questioning myself.

"But you were sick and sweaty."

I stared him coldly, and it began to creep him out some. "I'm sorry. There is no way in fucking hell that I'm showering here!" I laughed slightly.

"Why what happened in the shower here?" He asked.

"Like it isn't fucking obvious!" I threw my head back.

"Alex, I'm sorry. No kid should have to go through what you go through. I just...I don't know how to help you." Jace said softly.

"Jace, what you did last night helped me. You took care of me after I was hurt. That's all I needed."

"No, Alex! I should have made it so he never did it in the first place."

"Stop, Jace." I growled. "Nobody can stop him. Okay. Not the police. Not the town. Not you. So stop."

"Okay." He sighed. "I just...You're so young and fragile. This shouldn't be happening."

"Jace?"

"What?"

"There are so many people who have it worse than me. So my dad fucks me pretty much every night. Kids out there are being starved and tortured. Maybe..." I let out a deep breath. "Just use your time on them. Don't waste it on me."