Chapter 6: Into The Wasteland

Again, I swallowed hard.

I could see the bodies through the bushes, and it looked like every single one of them was covered in blood.

It reeked of blood, and the birds and animal were silent. All I could hear was the sound of my breathing. It was crushing me in that stillness.

I had made it half way across the clearing and was looking towards the mountain of crates and boxes. The pile used to be straight and organized, but now there were boxes littered everywhere. Many of them were soaking in the red covering the grass. Almost all of them looked like they were taken apart or destroyed. Only a few remained intact.

I looked away and kept moving towards the meeting point. It was starting to look as if we could only salvage what we could and keep moving.

Tweet.

Was that a whistle?

Tweet.

I noticed it was 2 motioning for me to moved over to him and quickly walked over to his side of the clearing.

"What is it?" I inquired. He pointed to what looked like an abused body leaned against a tree. "Whoever it was they got loaded off those crates back there.", and it was true. the body had the same clothes as we had with multiple tears in the fabric. The body also had multiple weapons on it's person. Knives, daggers and a bow across it's back if I could see clearly.

It also appeared to have a gore covered short sword in it's hand.

There were also two bodies near it. 2 spoke up,"From the looks of its they chased the person here and proceeded to fight to the death", he whispered.

I nodded." Should we scavenge here first?" 2 nodded. we slowly made our way towards the body furthest from the tree. When we got to it it was laying on its belly and had a hole through its chest. we turned the body over and found it to be number 6 of the alpha group. Our group. It was a boy and he had brown hair.his lips were blue and he looked very pale.

He also had a mace in his hand that I pried out of his fingers. it wasn't too big, about the size of my forearm and was made of all steel.

We made our way to the second body to the tree and it was in the same position as the first and turned it over. Number 9 of Gamma group. It was a girl by the looks of it and had a red smile across her throat. She also had dark brown hair that reached to her shoulders. There were two short swords scattered around her and 2 picked them both up for himself.

We double checked before moving to the body leaning against the tree. Number 5 of alpha group. 'Another one from our group...' I sighed I knew her like I knew 2. she was another of the ones I talked with.

She had dark yellow hair,that, like the other girl, only reached her shoulders. She also used to have dark green eyes.

I reached out to grab the short sword, but then it found itself at my neck.

I looked up to her face and saw two green eyes glaring at me.