Chapter 2

The next morning I woke up to find myself sleeping on my study table. I might have fallen asleep when doing my homework. I got dressed for school and went to the dining area to grab a bite.

"Honey, your dad left early for work today, so I guess you'll have to walk to school."My mom said as she passed me my lunch box.
"Fine I'll walk."I said with a grimace. I hated walking to school in the morning not because of any valid reason but just that I was too lazy . I left home and on the way I bumped into him.
"People have such good mornings and here I am seeing your face and honestly spoiling my entire day." I said frowning.
"What did I ever do to you. As far as i remember I haven't done anything to you."Aman said concerned.
"Well whatever !!!" I replied as I marched past him. I have no idea why I had such a contemptuous towards him well he probably brought the negative vibes himself.
For the next week I was just dormant. My moods were really bad and I didn't want to come into contact with anybody.On Friday I sat outside in the school garden reciting my Quran waiting for my dad to come. He was coming to pick me that particular day cause we were going to my aunts house for dinner. Just then Aman came with a few girls.Surprising was that his gf was missing.They sat opposite me, I was so frustrated that I got up and as I was making my way out of there i stumbled.
"My Quraan ,"I shouted as my Quran fell out of my hands. When I regained control I realized it wasn't on the floor. Somebody caught it. I looked up to see Aman standing there. I flashed a smile at him for the first time ever in my life.My Quran was saved. I was so happy.
"Thanks a lot !" I said as I smiled again.
" It's the Quran and saving it was my duty.I didn't do it for you. I did it for my Allah. Not for a peevish human like you. Such a *****." He said as he walked away. I was firstly happy with what he had done but after what he said I was so upset. I walked away with tears in my eyes. Those other girls that were with him laughed on as I walked away. I had never felt so embarrassed before. I felt intimidated and infuriated.
My dad came like five minutes after the incidence and we left for my aunts house. On the way he kept on asking me the cause of my sulky face but I just decided to stay put. He kept on talking to me but I was busy trying to figure out how Aman was. Was he a good person (he saved the Quran) or was he a bad person (he's always with girls and he had the guts to abuse me ) all these questions bombarded my brain.
I spent the weekend at my aunts house to divert my attention from all that had happened. On Monday I dithered from going to school. Something that had never happened to me in my entire life. I assumed this week was going to be as useless and stupid as the previous one, but this time not for my mood but because of that human called "Aman".
"What if he mocks me in front of everyone after all he had control over all the girls. And the most popular one was his girl friend who is such an enormous bully. What else, TODAY ! I'm just gonna face the  music with that girlfriend of his." I thought as my dad drove me school. Just when we reached I got down. And with a lot of fear I slowly walked towards the tuition block. And there he was , Aman