Chapter 7

I lay there in tears. Crying profusely. Wanting to shout at the top of my voice and say it's not fair. That day I lay there the entire day. I did not show my face to anyone. At night I woke up with the opening creek of the door. Obviously it was Aman. I realized it was only 8:00 am at night.

He came towards me and said ,

"I have something for you , " and threw a blanket at me.  "that is what you will sleep on." And went and sat on his bed. I was totally not a type of girl who would endure all that bullshit of male chauvinism but honestly at that moment I had no courage, no strength to do anything. I was a broken piece myself.

The next morning I woke up and decided to start a fresh. I had to handle my self as it would be very difficult to take over dads business with the condition I was in. I got dressed hurriedly and went to dads office. When I just entered there I was overcome by a wave of memories. I felt nostalgic remembering how my dad used to bring me here and spend hours just fulfilling my endless demands.

However u didn't want to get emotional again and so I decided to get back to my work. I was greeted by all the staff when I entered the main office. I asked dads secretary who was now kind of my secretary to call all the staff in the meeting room as I had to discuss important details with them. When all the staff were present I announced ,

"Good Morning everyone. I am not so happy to announce that I'm you're new boss because my dad was the best. Well it was the Almighty's plan and it was inevitable. I just hope I am able to take over this company of interior designing well and take it to new heights so as to accomplish my parents dream. I will not be able to do this without your help and so I request everyone to put in their everything so we can move forward together! Thank You! "

I spent that day learning actually what dads company was all about and how I had to go on with it. I read  a few documents and articles to know how one had to work in that field. When I went back home I was exhausted. And then I was told bhabhi had fallen sick. I hurriedly went to see her in her room. She said she was unable to prepare dinner and so I had to do it. I was so tired and thus ordered a meal from the nearest fast food restaurant. That night after dinner I cleared the table and washed the utensils. When I was putting back the utensils in their place a knife fell on my wrist and I got cut and blood started oozing out profusely.

I washed my wrist and held the cut with my white scarf to stop the blood from flowing out at that rate. I went into the room and asked Aman for a first aid kit. He ignored. I asked again and loudly so that his wax filled ears to get the message. He just looked up with a grimace that turned into a shocked expression .

"What the hell did you do to your hand ?" He inquired. I looked down to see my whole white scarf had turned red. He grabbed my other hand and rushed me to the hospital. At the hospital my cut was cleaned and dressed, I was asked to revisit for the coming two days so as to change my dressing. On our way back in the car ,

"Thanks ! " I said coldly. Aman didn't say anything but just smiled. Well at least he smiled.When we got back home I put the blanket on the floor with one hand and was just going to go to sleep when Aman came in.

"You can sleep on the bed for today and tomorrow until your hand is ok. I don't want to be blamed for killing somebody due to their own careless behavior. " he said. Aman was a total paradox. He would say something so nice and contradict it that very moment and you'd just be there wondering what happened. I slept on the bed and he slept on the blanket .

The next morning I woke up very early to go to the office. When I realized that I can't do most of my daily routine. I couldn't shower neither could I wear my clothes properly. I would have asked bhabhi to help but then these guys were always busy with their own lives that we hardly met in the house. The only time the four of us met was dinner time. Our rooms were also so far that if one shouted the other one wouldn't hear.

I had a lot of pain in my hand even when it was just still that I couldn't even think of bending it. After struggling I managed to shower and put on some loose clothes. But when it came to combing my hair it felt impossible. I tried like a million times but I just couldn't do it. I was just in between the struggle when I heard a devilish laugh. Obviously it was Aman. I just frowned and went on with trying to put up my hair.

Just then he came and did the sweetest thing ever. He combed my hair softly with a brush to de tangle them and then put a band to facilitate a perfect pony tail. I was so happy until he went on to imitate me in a chipmunk kinda voice...

"Oooooh people have such big heads that they don't ask for help and struggle uselessly." He said as he mimicked me trying to do my hair. I was first upset and then we both ended up laughing.

I was then trying to put on my hijab when he came and snatched it from my hands and helped me put it on. I was so touched. He then helped me lift my files and drove me to work. Conclusion Aman is sweet.