Chapter 3

He stood there staring at me . I was out of my wits. Afraid as ever. Tears welled up in my eyes. I walked past him but he grabbed my wrist. I twisted it trying to get away but all in vain.
I still made an effort to move and I guess I made a mistake. He pulled me backwards and I lost control and he made me stand in front of me. What he did next was something I totally didn't expect. He lowered his gaze and then said,
"I'm really very sorry Alia. I shouldn't have done what I did." He said softening the grip he had on my hand.
"It's ok!" I said coldly walking past him.
"Stop, Aliyah. What have I done to you ? Why do you despise me so much ?" He questioned. I stopped. For once I felt like he was nice.
"Honestly it's because of how you are. You are a playboy. I hate and I repeat I hate boys who play around with girls. And to top it all up you're dating Hillary and you have an idea about her character don't you ?" I replied being to the point.
"You're are very presumptuous. Who in the world told you I am dating Hillary. Yes I hang around with her and a lot of girls but there's a whole different reason behind it. A reason you can't comprehend." He replied. And then continued " how do I say this uh..... I am gay."
"Whaaaaaaaat ?!?!?!?" I gasped. "How , why, what, when ! " I was so shocked and annoyed. "Do you know it's un-Islamic, do you literally have an idea of your utterance ! " I harshly reprimanded.
"OMG were you like planning like to like date me ? " he asked cheekily.
"Never ! I wouldn't even think of doing that in my wildest dream, you get it so stop even thinking about it. " I replied.
"Well I was just kidding, honey...... I'm not gay but I'm very lonely. I lost my parents and I live with my brother whose wife has a passion of hating me. But why am I telling YOU this. You wouldn't understand. All you know is how to conclude on people's characters and judge them. You don't understand the pain people are going through. Cause you're life is a bed of roses isn't it. " he said as he pushed me aside.
For the first time ever I noticed tears in his eyes. I was upset. Not because he told me a whole lot of taunts but because he was upset. I never liked seeing any nice person being upset. Yeah it's true I admitted his nice.