Chapter four

After that day I didn't really come across Aman again. But at least I didn't hate him anymore. I preferred staying away cause I didn't  want anything to hinder my results in my final year . Year eleven was a full of fatigue year but I reaped what I had sowed. I was the top girl in my school with fabulous grades.In that process I realized I hadn't seen Aman in like a year. I tried to find out and thus I was told that he moved to another city.

Two years later....

"Honey look who I have brought home".....My dad called out to my mother. My mother came out of the kitchen wiping her hands with a wet one.
"Who ?" She asked curiously... She knew it was a special guest.
"This is Mr.Azaan Khan. Our new investor. Quite a man I tell you !" He said elated and continued praising the new arrived guest. That evening my dad and that gentle man talked quite a lot and in that conversation is when I found out that he was Aman's elder brother. He talked about how he sent Aman away to San Francisco because the wife and Aman didn't get along and how difficult it was for Aman to stay alone away from family. He even said that he was looking for a girl so that he could get Aman married. My dad even suggested a few girls and gave him the contacts.

I felt so sorry for Aman that day. I was so upset at myself for behaving like an idiot. Well life went on and I completed my A levels and went ahead to study medicine. My life was going very ok when suddenly one day a big tragedy hit me and my family.
My parents died in a car accident .
I was shattered. My life broke into a million pieces. The pillars of my life were gone. I had nobody now.

Days seemed like years. It was difficult for a single day to pass. Sarah came to live with me for a few days. But eventually she had to go. I started going back to the university though I couldn't concentrate on anything. My life seemed like a hollow trunk.

I just sat on the sofa in my parents room every single evening and hugged their stuff to make myself feel they were around. Life was terrible. I just couldn't move on. And how could I ? I mean I had lost everything I owned. My eyes were always watery. I remembered them in every single moment of life. Seeing every single thing in the house. Walking around the city. In school , in the park, everywhere. My heart didn't pump any blood any more it just pumped water that flowed out of my eyes every single day.

After like five months of their death Mr.Azaan Khan came home with my dad's legal lawyer. He read out some will which said every part of dads property now belongs to me. Dads property included houses, a whole well set interior designing business , cars, bank balances and a lot more. After everything was read out I was made to sign a few documents which I did. The lawyer left but Mr.Azaan Khan stayed back.