Chapter 3: Something Wonderful

AN: I don’t know what to say. This chapter is just one of the opening. Just relax and enjoy!

These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive. These are the moments I'll remember all my life. I've got all I've waited for and I could not ask for more. – I Could Not Ask For More, Edwin McCain

Streaks of light blinded me as I open my eyes. I closed my eyes again. I heard voices around me. I felt numbness all over my body. I tried to remember what happen when I heard a familiar voice.

“’Mione, are you okay?” said a familiar voice. I slowly opened my eyes. At my left side, there is a blurry figure of a person. She spoke again. “’Mione?” I focused at the blurry figure until it became clear to my eyes. Her hair is long flaming red. When I came to view her face, she has freckles along the apple of her cheeks through the bridge of her nose. It’s the sister of my boyfriend, the wife of my best friend, my very best girlfriend and the mother of my soon-to-be-godson. Ginny Potter. She held my arms tightly I a flinched. “Sorry.” She said.

“It’s okay.” I smiled a bit to her. I moved upward for me to sit. She help me to gain the position I wanted. She patted my pillow and put it behind my back. My backs aches after long hours of sleep. I looked around the room and saw Molly. I beamed at her. “Hi Molly!”

“Hi dear! How are you feeling now?” She walked closer to me and kissed me at my forehead. “Shall I call the doctor now?” she asked.

“I’m okay now. My back hurts a little. Maybe because I slept for so long.” I said.

“What happen ‘Mione?” Ginny asked still holding my forearms. I turned my head to Ginny as I reminisce the events before I got here.

“I don’t know exactly. But I wasn’t feeling well when I woke up this morning. I threw up a lot and I felt nauseous.” I heard a gasp from Ginny and Molly seems getting a conclusion but kept quiet. “I went to the office and review some records of my patients. I talked to Vicky, my intern. She said I looked pale and not in good condition. I still insisted to work because I thought it’s just a lack of sleep. Then when I was about to hit the knob of the door, I felt a heavy dizziness and everything went black. After that, I don’t know what happen.” I told them while fiddling with my fingers, skipping the odd events earlier the morning.

“How are you feeling now? Are you still dizzy?” Molly asked again while reaching my hand and clutched it with hers. She nibbled my pulse, sensing something to confirm her conclusion.

“I’m better now, Molly.” I looked at her smilingly. “Why are you here? Where’s Ron?” I asked worriedly.

“He was here an hour ago because someone owled him. He just told us that he’s going back to his office because he needs to finish some reports.” Ginny said with a sarcastic voice. I knew she did not like it. “Ron was informed by your intern named Vicky that you fainted this morning. Ron rushed immediately here. He told Harry to inform us so we went to look after you.”

“Oh.” I was hurt a little knowing Ron won’t stay here to look after me. But I knew he’s working on an important case so I let it go. “Thank you for tending me.” I smiled at them.