Chapter 2

"Calum, Luke, Michael! Would you like to explain why you're late to homeroom on the first day of school?" The male teacher asks them, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Yes, Luke would like to explain," Calum says, looking at Luke.

"B-but Michael has a b-better explanation to w-why w-we're late," Luke stutters out to the teacher, pointing at Michael.

Michael glares at the two younger boys and gives the teacher an unsure smile. "Um, well-"

"They were showing me around the school because I'm new here," I explain to the teacher, interrupting Michael.

The guys look at me and mentally thank me for saving them. I give them a small smile as I step in front of the guys and pass my schedule to the confused teacher.

Her schedule was home room with Calum, Luke, and Michael. After she went by herself to her second period was Advanced Math and for third and fourth period, she had English and AP History, respectively. Her fourth period was AP Science, then she had to lunch for fifth period. Her last period of the day was music, which she was nervous but excited for.

"Oh okay. You boys can go to that back table over there and you are..." He glances at my schedule, then looking back up at me, "You're one of our new students, correct?" He asks as I nod. "Tell us about yourself to the class."

"Okay..." I turn towards the class, "Hi, I'm Jesse Rebel; I like listening to music and collecting vinyls. I'm an only child and I just moved here from Perth. I don't know what else to say because I'm horrible at ending things." I spit out immediately, not making eye contact with anyone the whole time. Mr. O'Brien, the teacher, sends me to an empty seat at Calum, Luke, and Michael's table.

"Well, you all know the drill! Get to it!" Mr. O'Brien yells to the class as he walks to his desk.

"The drill is just do whatever you want and don't disturb the teacher," Michael explains to me, as I take the fourth seat at their table. "Oh and thanks for covering for us earlier; that was nice of you."

"It was nothing, to be honest. So what's up?" I ask them because they have been looking at me curiously.

"What's your favorite band?" Luke quizzes me.

"Uhh, don't have one because there are too many good ones that I like. But one band that hits home for me is My Chemical Romance."

"What does hit-" Luke starts asking until Michael elbows him and starts whispering in his ear. I look at Calum and he shrugs in response. Luke starts nodding at me as if he finally understands. I shrug and fix up my Misfits bracelet. "Whoa, you like Misfits?"

"Love them. The lead singer reminds me of Freddie Mercury for some reason..." I state as we start to talk about our favorite bands for majority of the period.Then they told me about who to look out for, not to eat the school lunch, and other tips to get through my sophomore year with Calum and Luke. Even though I'm in the same year as Calum and Luke, I don't have any classes with them or Michael (He's a junior.), except for homeroom, lunch, and sixth period.

"Do you want to hang out with us at lunch?" Calum asks me once we step foot out of the class room. 

"I don't know Calum. I would feel like I'm-" I start informing him.

"Nope, it's actually not a choice. You're going to sit with us at lunch." He tells me, smiling and walking the opposite way from me.

I get out my map of the school and go to my Advanced Math class.I walk into my second period class still sparing four minutes; I sit in a random seat and think about when lunch is going to come.