1x19 - THE L WORD

TEASER

OVER BLACK.

FADE IN:

INT. UNDERWORLD - LEAH'S CAVE - NIGHT

LEAH is talking with a DARK PRIEST. She is wearing a beautiful long red dress and is sitting on her throne while the priest is standing in front of her.

DARK PRIEST

Everything is set up for tomorrow, Leah.

LEAH

Good. I don't want any mistakes.

DARK PRIEST

Everything will be done carefully. Some demons were told to come and honor their future ruler.

LEAH

I don't want anybody who could call into question the right I have to the Source's throne.

DARK PRIEST

No one will. They all agreed with it.

LEAH

Even when I haven't got what I wanted?

DARK PRIEST

Obviously, most of the Underworld would like to see those witches destroyed and would be an amazing thing if you could manage to do it. But you got closer a few times. And the fact that you destroyed Zola counted a lot.

LEAH

Well, they better support me or I'll turn them into dust.

Leah smiles maleficent.

DARK PRIEST

About the human sacrifice...

LEAH

(cuts him off)

Don't worry about that.

Leah points to a corner. The Dark Priest follows the direction of her finger. In a corner three girls are tied up with chains. They are dirty and are wearing torn clothes. They look like they have been under torture.

LEAH (CONT'D)

I would prefer the Destined Ones, but I can risk them blowing up my plans. These ordinary witches will be enough.

DARK PRIEST

What if they find out?

LEAH

They won't. I intend to keep them busy.

DARK PRIEST

How?

Leah smiles maleficent again. She waves her hand. In front of her a little girl, who looks no more than 12, appears. The girl wears some kind of dirty and torn gown. The girl has a gray appearance. Leah and the priest look at her.

DARK PRIEST (CONT'D)

An Acheri?

LEAH

(smiles; to the Acheri)

I have a job for you.

Leah keeps the maleficent smiles on her face.

CUT TO:

INT. UP THERE - NIGHT

Chris and Charlotte are next to a pillar.

CHARLOTTE

I wonder what they would want with us.

CHRIS

Well, it's not weird to call me. I'm a whitelighter after all, but you... Your boss really told you to come here?

CHARLOTTE

That was the message I got. The Elders and He have a task for me and the Elders would tell me what it is.

CHRIS

What would it be?

CHARLOTTE

No idea. But it must be something big. I know our bosses work together sometimes, but getting us both here...

Chris and Charlotte exchange glances. They keep silent for a few seconds. Charlotte seems like she wants to ask something.

CHRIS

Shoot it.

Charlotte looks him surprised.

CHRIS (CONT'D)

I know you want to ask something. We grew up together, remember?

CHARLOTTE

(sighs)

You and Andrea, is it truth that...?

CHRIS

(finishes it)

... That we broke up?

Charlotte nods.

CHRIS (CONT'D)

Yeah.

Charlotte hugs Chris.