keep it down

a/n: i changed my character's name to slater (i'm sorry i keep changing the name, but i think this is the last time)

i sat on my bed, facing julie and connie. we were discussing our thoughts on the boys of our team.

"wait," connie held up her hands, looking at me with confusion,"aren't you and ross a thing?"

i laughed, the very idea of ross and i being a couple seemed improbable at best,"no, he's my band mate-slash-best friend, like all the other people in wilted."

"but he gave you his necklace," she reasoned, "we had english class together, and he always had it on. there's something there."

i held my hands up, shutting it down,"not on my end," it was then, i decided to throw out a feeler,"aren't you and guy a thing?"

she looked at me awkwardly,"we were, but...i don't know, we just liked each other for so long, and wanted to see what else was out there."

i nodded, glad that i knew he was now available. i had been becoming more and more intrigued by him, but i didn't want to do that, if he were still with connie. but now that i know he's not, i might just have a chance.

"like dean." julie gushed, nudging connie, who was sitting on the same bed as her.

i nodded immediately, throwing my head back, "god, he is...something."

dean was arguably the most attractive boy on the team, at least overall. personally, i couldn't take my eyes off of adam, but it's been like that for years. it's more of a force of habit.

and recently, guy had come into my line of vision. he was also a very attractive boy, which this team seemed to be chalked full of.

connie concurred,"kind of a meat-head, but super hot."

"and luis." i added, not wanting to say anything about adam, for fear of getting exposed.

"if only he could stop." julie laughed.

connie and i laughed along with her, knowing she was right. he needed to learn to stop, and i'm not sure how he had gotten this far without doing so.

connie smirked at me,"well, what about adam, slater?"

i knit my eyebrows, playing dumb,"what about adam?"

the two girls across from me shared a look and laughed,"come on, he hasn't taken his eyes off of you, since you've got here."

"he's very attentive." julie nodded, agreeing with connie.

i rolled my eyes,"we're just old friends."

julie scoffed,"yeah, right."

i was going to respond, when i heard the blaring of rock music. it was pounding against our wall and we all let out an annoyed huff.

"do we wanna guess who that is?" connie asked rhetorically, knowing we all knew the answer.

i stood up, pulling my shorts down slightly, to cover more of my leg,"i'll go talk to fulton and dean."

the girls smiled, letting out a 'thank you'. i nodded and walked down the hall, towards their room.

i noticed adam, walking up to the door as well, and i smiled,"banksie."

he looked up and grinned,"slater. looks like we had the same idea."

i nodded as we arrived at the door,"i'll do the honors."

he laughed,"well, i wouldn't have it any other way."

i knocked harshly on the door, could hear a muffled 'come in' through the door.