Chapter 13

Lathaniel
"Baby?" Tobias said after a while of silence and I hummed in response. "What am I going to tell my family?" He asked, he didn't sound stressed or worried he was just casual about it. "Well, you could always tell them and see how they take it. If you don't like how the take it you can just make them forget you ever revealed it, unless you'd want to just live with them not being happy about it." I said cautiously.

Being a new demon he's going through major changes, upsetting him would amplify whatever he's feeling and if it's bad it'd make him...uncontrollable to say the least.

"I don't know what I want to do. I want them to know but I don't want to start from there with them again, I don't want to be rejected again." He responded softly as he ran his fingers through my hair. "Even after such a drastic change, you're still so damn soft about this stuff." I cooed at him. "What does that even mean?" He asked.

"Well, you just always do things at the expense of yourself and never others. Sometimes you're ruthless but most times you're just so selfless." I explained. "So you're saying it's bad that I'm selfless?" He questioned my logic.

"No, it's amazing that you are. I'm saying it's bad that you're so selfless that people can dictate your life because you don't want to hurt them or upset them. That's no way to live." I explained some more.

He thought about it for a second, stopped running his fingers through my hair and I was praying he wouldn't lose it. I could hear his heart beating and if he got too angry he could get hurt because of his heart going into overdrive. Thankfully, he stayed calm and continued to stroke my hair.

"Is there a way I can use my powers to stop it?" He asked but I didn't understand. "Stop what?" I asked in response. "Being a pushover." He answered, his voice coming out heavy like cement out of it's mixer. "Kitten," I began as I sat up to look at him.

"You're not a pushover you're just...you know when to say no and if you were a pushover you wouldn't ever be able to. You just worry so much more about others than yourself and it's okay but it still isn't the best." I tried to console him. He went quiet for another second then decided to speak.

"I'll tell them and however they take it, I'll let them. I don't live for them anymore...I'm my own now, I'm yours too." He whispered and I smiled. I pulled him close and kissed his cheek gently.

That's my Kitten.

"So, the dinner with my family. Any change of heart?" I asked him. "Oh, I completely forgot about it. We talked so briefly about it, I barely had time to think. Um...we can see your parents again, I haven't been with both of them since the last supper at their's and that was a long time ago." He replied.

"Well, it's not just them this time. It's my extended family. Cousins, family friends, aunts and uncles. The whole family is gonna be there. I don't want you to feel overwhelmed or attacked." I responded. My family is a bit of work. Though I haven't seen all of them in a while I know that they've always been a handful and will anyway be.

"I've gone through worse Lathan." Tobias mumbled with small smile. "You have but you don't need it adding, y'know?" I said. He looked at me with knowing eyes and I smiled softly at him. "You have a point but, I think I'll be alright. I'll have you there with me so it's okay." He responded, more to reassure himself than me.

"Besides, I think it's about time I met the rest of your family. Now that we're married and I'm a demon it seems this is as good a time as ever." He added sounding quite ecstatic. I smiled at him and pulled him in to kiss him. He kissed back and pulled me close as well.

We pulled away from each other and smiled. "Wanna go get some souls?" I asked him. "I thought you'd never ask Sunshine." He replied with a huge smile on his face. I returned the smile before getting up with him.

This felt amazing. To be able to be with Tobias a whole new way and bond over so much more things. I'm glad I let him turn but I'm more glad it worked out okay.

Hope you enjoyed!
As Always...
Vote for the gay
Comment on the gay
Share the gay
Love the gay