Chapter 2. A dark night of patience

(This is what our predator looks like)

The yautja jumped down from a large tree branch with his combistick and began searching. He himself didn't even know. Perhaps finding the young blood's body would explain a few things, how he was killed, injured etc.

It began to rain heavily within an hour of searching. But he did find a young blood's dead body, such a shame. This one was quite young.
He let out what sounded like a sigh before activating a code into his wrist gauntlet. It was a self destruct code, the yautja put his hand on the young blood's mask speaking a few words in their native tongue in his honor of his family.

Soon the quiet sounds of footsteps stepping on leaves and twigs caught his attention as he turned around to see a young human woman standing near a tree looking stunned at the young blood's dead body and himself.

The sound of the timer began to quicken as the yautja sprinted quickly at the young woman, her eyes widened in fear as a large explosion went off. The hunter had ran with the woman for a short distance before crouching down with her shielding her small frame as the explosion went off.

She had closed her eyes when the explosion went off but when she opened them her face was in his chest. When the yautja put her down she looked up at him and blushed slightly. She was 5'5 as the yautja stood tall at 7'8. The young woman had green eyes, light brown skin with dark brown hair going down to her shoulders with a average build for a human female. She had heard of creatures like him, what they did and had not really thought much of their existence let alone xenomorphs.

Why had this ooman been so curious to the sound of the self destruct device? This hunt was just starting out well till she decided to follow the sound of a bomb. Now he was annoyed someone had already interfered with his hunt let alone it being an ooman...