Freind Zone

"Nick." I say and pull away.

He looks in my eyes and I sigh.

"You're so confusing, one minute you tell me you want to kiss me and the next you say you don't." He says.

"Nick...It's not that I don't wanna kiss you, it's that.." I say.

.

"I know, you can't." He mocks me.

"I don't understand why! You say we can't be together, yet everyone wants us to, including you!" He says.

"Nick.." I say.

"No. I'm done." He yells.

"Nick. Stop! You wanna know why I'm scared to be with you! BECAUSE I'VE HAD MY HEART BROKEN BY BEING CHEATED ON TOO MANY TIMES! I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE ONE WHO WOULDN'T AND I'M SCARED THAT EVERYONE I DATE WILL BE LIKE THAT. AND I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH THAT I'M SCARED THAT IF I DATE YOU AGAIN IT WILL HAPPEN AND THEN I WILL JUST NOT BE ABLE TO GET OVER IT, SO I'D RATHER LOVE YOU THIS WAY THAN BE HURT IF WE DATE!" I scream letting everything out at once.

"And thats why, I can't date you." I add in a more hushed voice. A tear slides down my cheek and I turn away. Nick is speechless.

"I..I...I don't know what to say." He says, of course.

I sigh.

"I didn't know I hurt you so bad." He says.

"I love you so much, that was the old me, and I promise, Swear, that I will never do anything to hurt you EVER again." He tells me holding out his pinky.

"Pinky promise." He finishes and wraps his tan pinky around my petite pinky.

I smile and don't let go for a while.

~1 week later~

I go to this quite stream thats covered by trees to do my homework this afternoon.

"Ugh." I say to myself as I sit down on this big rock and lean against a tree. It's so peaceful with the water flowing.

I take out my Literature notebook and remember my project with Nick is due next week. Even though we had a moment at the hospital last week, we still aren't on perfect terms yet.

I then take out my math homework and begin solving stupid math problems.

Just saying...I'LL NEVER USE 6•5(8+200/45)-12 IN MY LIFE

All of a sudden I hear leaves crackling against the ground and I freeze. I want to move but I can't! What if its like some gang member coming to kill me?!

I decide to turn around and see who my murderer is.

I see a guy. He has muscles. And it's Nick.

"Oh my gosh, Nick! You scared me!" I scream and throw a small rock at his chest.

"I was just trying to surprise you." He says tossing the rock I attempted to throw at him back at my landing...down my shirt.

"Bullseye" He says.

I begin to blush and remove the rock awkwardly.

I continue doing problems as he sits quietly next to me.

"What?" I ask as he stares straight at me.

"Your cute." He says making me blush again!

Its so nice being called cute rather than hot.

I wasn't wearing anything special just some light denim shorts and a white flowy cropped tank top.

"Thanks." I finally say.