Chapter 15

New chapter! Yay, I'm actually quite proud with how this turned out. I hope you all enjoy it to! And thank you to those who follow my Instagram. I know the few spoilers I have are somewhat lame, but they'll get better. Anyway, hope you like this chapter!

~ Chapter 15 ~

~9:45 p.m, Night before mission departure~

Shadows gorged themselves on any light they could extinguish, every corner, every crevice was swallowed by the pitch blackness. Nothing could pierce through the formless beast that crept over every floor board, every inch of wall paper, every curve of a door frame.

The shadows held secrets, greater than any other thing, it kept the darkest for their own and thrived on the biggest. Their whispers where only heard by those of their own nature; dark, consuming, merciless, but even they held a ringing in all of the deathly silence that they portrayed.

They crawled along leisurely, skirting just along the edge of pale light that emitted from the cracked door of a small, bare room. A naked bulb hung in the center, painting the off white walls a chilling grey tone, shadows that were trapped in the forms of their masters stretched over the walls, clinging ever so slightly to the ones lurking outside the door with each passing glance. They wished to join their brothers and sisters in the observation of secrets and lies and torments that happened within their darkened confines, but they were trapped in a never ending form.

“If I didn't know any better, i’d say you were trying to take him for yourself”.

“What the fuck do you think i’m trying to do, you shit stain. Keep your fucking hands off what’s mine”.

“Ha! You cant have what i’ve already claimed you bitch, he’s mine, and I ain’t the sharing type so you might as well get the fuck out of my way”.

The two individuals kept their voices low, the night having just as many ears as the day. One paced the small room in an irritated, predatory manner. Their steps were heavy, angry, bordering on maniacal. The other was leaned against the wall, their physic giving the allusion of nonchalance, but their fingers strummed harshly against their own sleeve covered arm.

The confrontation was nearing its second hour, the two killers bickering in a manner that left them seeming more like children arguing over the same toy.

“What exactly gives you the idea that he would even want anything to do with you? All the both of you have done is try and kill each other”.

The pacing being let out a sort of unfavorable growl, a sign that he was growing tired of these games. He took his place opposite of the other killer, mimicking the pose in which the other occupied.

“What makes you think I can't have him Timepiece?”

Clockwork gave off a unimpressed huff of laughter, a smirk forming of her lips, the stitches along her cheeks stretching against her skin.

“Your real pathetic you know that Woods. Your words are empty, hollow threats that make me want to laugh and puke my guts out all over the floor. Toby isn't going to do shit for you, I know how much hatred he harbors for you. There’s no way in hell that’s ever going to change”.

Jeff gripped the handle of his knife, if his hands were not shoved deep in his hoodie pocket, Clockwork would see the killers patched knuckles burning white.

“And you think you could do any better? I could have that little bastard on his knees sucking my dick in a matter of minutes”.

Clockwork rolled her eye. She had to admit, the killers ambition was strong. But he still pissed her off royally.