Chapter 18

Hello you wonderful, beautiful people! I am so sorry this took so long to get out. It was supposed to be posted shortly after the previous chapter, but I fucked up and did not space out my schedule wisely. Please forgive me. There is a lot going on in this chapter guys! A LOT! It turned out to be considerably longer then expected but I think, overall it turned out amazing!

Before you begin, let me explain that the chapter begins from the Proxies Charges' point of view and as the chapter progresses we come to a few strange circumstances that play out. Some characters may seem a bit off, but pleas keep in mind of the situation they are all in. Thank you all so much! I hope you enjoy!

P.S: Oh my goose guys! I am graduating in five days!!!! Anyone want to offer up a college that provides decent psychology classes? I technically need two more years to get my bachelors sense I took the first two years already! Any options I am open to! Thanks!

WARNING: IMPLIED REFERENCE TO SELF HARM. INTENSE LANGUAGE. GRAPHIC DEPICTION OF MURDER. IMPLIED RAPE. IMPLIED INCEST (SORT OF/CERTAIN EXTENT).

IF ANY OF THIS DISTURBS YOU, PLEASE DO NOT HURT YOURSELF BY READING! THANK YOU!

~ Chapter 18 ~

She laid in her bed for hours. Listening as her brothers stumbled home one by one. Each having their own source of after school entertainment ranging from sports practice to band rehearsals. They were loud and wild, pouncing on each other like a pack of adolescent wolves yet to learn their responsibilities to the public. Believing they were still small children without the burden of life weighing over their shoulders.

She hated them.

Of the five that resided within her home, only one was related to her through her mother. Mathew. The youngest son, older than her by two years, he was just as stupid as the others. They were all oblivious to the terrors of the real world, having been praised most of their life, their egos being nurtured and pampered like show dogs until they became as pompous and mediocre as their pathetic little town groomed them to be.

But MacKenzie knew, she saw beneath the fake smiles layered in expensive lipstick, she witnessed the truth that danced behind the makeup weighted eyelids of overzealous hypocrites. She picked apart the lies woven into the arbitrary fleece of half truths and control that was placed over their heads as babies. She refused to coddle herself beneath such a fabric, instead crocheting her own protective quilt of stubborn pride and self-guidance.

Her mother had been much the same way, when she was alive. She encouraged MacKenzie, lifted her above the sea of overbearing prudence that threatened her individuality. But after she died, there was no one left to hold the girl up, leaving her to drown beneath the toxic waves of traditionalists and to be devoured by evangelical, hypocritical sharks. Her step father was no better, he was a lier, a pathetic excuse of a man that had no right to have had her mother's love. He drank constantly, stumbling home late more times then she could keep count of. And yet, her mother continued to love him, continued to deal with his stupidity and blatant lies of where the smudges of red on his collar came from.

MacKenzie just did not understand the reason her mother stayed with that pig. He brought in four other boys that trashed the house and ran their mouth off more than they should. And the things he did to her...

The things he did to her.

He was a monster. A filthy bastard that deserved to rot in hell. He needed to die. To burn. To suffer. She wanted him to, so badly did she want to watch the life drain from his eyes, laugh down at his corpse as it rotted on the outside just as it did already on the inside. It was not fair that her mother was the one who had to die, it was all his fault. If he had not been passed out, shit faced drunk on the couch, her mother would not have had to go out to the store. If the rat bastard was not such a pathetic alcoholic, her mother would not have had to drive to get more liquor. Would not have been hit by the semi. Would still be with her.