THE ROAD (10)

WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO POST THIS CHAPTER? NO, NOT BECAUSE THE WRITING WASN'T DONE. IN FACT, I FINISHED WRITING IT FOUR DAYS AGO HOWEVER I LITERALLY COULDN'T FIND THE PERFECT SONG FOR THIS CHAP AND IK THAT SHIT IS STUPID BUT IT MATTERS TO ME SOOOOO ENJOY!

Olivia knew every single female and even some males found her clandestine lover/boss to be extremely sexually attractive however she wasn't prepared for the mysterious yet somehow familiar auburn-haired woman throwing herself on to her Xander without an ounce of bashfulness that she herself experienced but then again the woman had nothing to be shy about; she was absolutely beautiful. 

"I'm sorry I interrupted..." Olivia mumbled closing the glass doors behind her as she walked out of Xander's office, the coffee she had prepared for him so lovingly clutched in her left hand. 

Why did random women just show up out of nowhere and bombard her man? Then again was he really even her man? Maybe he had women on the side that Olivia had no clue about and all of this meant absolutely nothing to him; perhaps she was just another one of his conquests and after he was tired of her. 

She had taken only a few steps away from the dratted man's office when suddenly a strong grip on her arm caused her to let out a shocked gasp. She turned around slowly to find herself face to face, well more face to chest due to their height difference, with the man haunting her thoughts. "Are you okay?" he questioned earnestly.

Olivia tried to remove her arm from his grasp but failed miserably so instead she managed a look of defiance on her face, "Maybe you should go back to your friend," she murmured. 

Alexander's jaw clenched in frustration. He couldn't believe Evelyn showed up at his office yet again just to be humiliated however just when he was about to kick her out she delivered the most harrowing news whilst running into his shocked frame and wrapping her willowy arms around his torso and then in came Olivia and his frustrating situation took a turn for the worse which he thought couldn't even be possible.

"Livy listen to me!" he tried to calm himself down and attempted to achieve the same with his younger partner by using the endearing nickname he had given her after she had begun addressing him as Xander. 

She stilled in her struggle at his cautious tone and looked up at him, finally meeting his stormy eyes. "Did you see me respond to that woman's affections?" he inquired with his gaze turning intense. 

She closed her eyes and thought back to the excruciating scene she had witnessed only moments ago and realized that whilst the mystery woman had her arms secured tightly around her Xander, he stood in a shocked stupor with his arms firmly planted by his side as if he was caught off guard by something. Olivia gulped down the guilt that began surfacing when she came to the conclusion that she had judged the situation way before she could decipher the truth.

Alexander continued looking at her with that intense expecting look and so she shook her head 'no' in acquiescence of her false observation. She had begun melting into his embrace and needed only one last answer to completely submit to the gorgeous man holding her, "Who is she?" 

The question hung in the air leading to the ambience thickening within seconds. "I've told you before not to question anything about her!" he growled lowly, his hands tightening on her waist.