4.0

"his vitals have been stable for the past twenty-four hours. he's seemingly done with hallucinations, and he seems to be in good condition."

"you mean..."

"he's going to be fine, sir," she smiled at tsukishima, who was sitting forwards in his chair, leaning on his knees with his elbows.

"can i see him?"

"yes, give us just a moment to clean him up. we'll keep him for another night, and we're sending him to a specialist facility regularly after he's discharged, but he's going to be fine. if he can keep away from alcohol."

"he can," tsukishima said firmly, "he definitely can."

"that's great. i'll be right back, then."

she walked away, and tsukishima fell back in his chair, sighing an extremely relieved sigh. "i was worried."

"what for?" oikawa asked, "that he wouldn't make it?"

"exactly that."

"he loves you more than anything, you know that?" oikawa asked, looking over at the blond, "i mean, he loves you. not puppy love. real, strong love. the lifelong type."

"i love him too," tsukishima said, "i do. i love that fucking messy idiot."

"make sure to let him know."

"yeah. i will."

"he's ready for you," the nurse came back to tell them. oikawa looked over at tsukishima. "i'll give you two some privacy?"

"i'll call you over in a second. i have something to talk to him about," tsukishima said. oikawa nodded with a faint smile.

"good luck."

"thanks."

tsukishima entered the room, and matsukawa was sitting up, happily scooping away at a vanilla pudding, perking up when tsukishima entered the room.

"hey, kei, sit down," he said, patting the bed as an invitation. tsukishima takes it eagerly, sitting down next to him, moving a stray hair away from the ravenet's forehead.

"thank god you're alive," tsukishima said quietly, "i was worried out of my mind." he bit his lip. "issei, iwaizumi told me about your father. i thought you should know. that i know."

"he did, did he?" matsukawa sighed, "well, you would've found out sooner or later. how much do you know?"

"that he's a drug addict. that he used to abuse members of your family."

"that's about it," he chuckled quietly, "i got away rather easily. he didn't pick on me as much as he did on my mom. we were never close. i suppose he just wasn't interested enough in me to take out his stress on me." he looked up at the ceiling with a rather empty gaze. "you know, i talked to him yesterday. that was the last hallucination i had. i told him to leave, and he walked right out of that door, and suddenly, i was fine."

"i'm glad he left."

"i told him something else too," he said, looking over at the blond, "i told him that i'd do anything for you. that i'm gonna marry you one day. and i meant it, kei."

tsukishima stared at him, and he figured he was lucky to be in a hospital because his heart skipped more than just a beat at his words. he slowly moved to kiss matsukawa softly, pulling back and looking him in the eye. "i hope you did," he replied.

matsukawa chuckled softly, then started laughing, tears in his eyes as he grabbed tsukishima and held him closer than he had before, feeling happier than he'd ever been, feeling ecstatic, euphoric, all of that. they hugged for minutes, hours maybe, before tsukishima pulled away from his embrace. 

"oikawa's out there," he said, "he's helped us through everything. arranged everything when i couldn't. we should let him talk to you."

"wait — you and oikawa functioned together?"

"ever since you were hospitalised."

"i'm so proud of you children," he laughed, "yeah, go get him. i want to thank him."

tsukishima returned with a very enthusiastic brunet a minute later, who immediately threw his arms around matsukawa and started ranting about how amazingly happy he was to see him doing okay again. "oh my god, we were so worried but you're okay and that's amazing, i'mm so proud of you you stupid idiot, i'm so happy you're better you deserve the world i hope everything will be okay from here on out, if you ever need anything please ask iwaizumi or me for help because i'm always here for you and you're my bestest friend in the whole wild world—"

"tooru, are you okay?" matsukawa laughed, returning the hug.

"i'm just glad to see you're alive and well. you had us worried, you know — they seriously thought you may have  died at some point."

"huh," matsukawa shrugged, "oh well. i didn't. let's just celebrate that."

"yes, of course," oikawa laughed, "let's."

"god, i missed this place," matsukawa sighed as he flopped down on the bed, dumping the bag with clothes that yamaguchi had brought to them in hospital next to him, "much better than that stupid hospital mattress."

"i'm glad you think so," tsukishima replied, "it's much more comfortable than a hospital waiting room chair too."

"yeah. hehe. sorry about that, my sweet frosty sugar fruit loop," he apologised lazily, pulling tsukishima down next to him, looking over at the blond. "hey, kei."

"hey, issei."

"let's get married."

tsukishima raised an eyebrow. "as in ever? or as in now?"

"as in soon. i'll even get you a ring and everything." he took his hand. "kei, i don't want anything else. and i swear i'll be good to you; i swear i'll do what you need me to do, be who you need me to be. because i want to spend the rest of my stupid fucking life with you."

"save some of it for your vows," tsukishima advised, looking at the ceiling. matsukawa perked up immediately, positioning himself so he had his hands next to both of tsukishima's shoulders, leaning over him.

"so that's a yes?"

"yes, stupid, that's a yes."

tsukishima knew he couldn't do better than this. he knew that he was happy and that he loved matsukawa issei with his whole heart. any other case, he would've said no — he wasn't one for rash decisions. but it wasn't as if waiting would change anything. it wasn't as if he'd reconsider later. it would always be the same, he'd always want to be with matsukawa issei, wherever that may be.