IV: Wish

I wish, we never need to return to that place...
...ever again

Her green eyes reflect three boys that playing around the playground in front of her. Each of them lines up for their turn slide down from the playground slides.

She rubs her right arm. It is not like she is cold, well, they are in the middle of summer after all. However, she prefers to wear a jacket or cardigan...even in the middle of the hot day.

To conceal her scar.

She sighs. Taking out her notebook and start to write down, pour down her feeling into the ink and express it in shape of the script instead of vocal.

However, she is not writing a diary, she wrote in a poetic way, a poem. She loves expressing or convert her feeling and thought in the shape of a poem.

While she too immersed in her writing, suddenly, a voice greeted her from the back.

"Excuse me" she turns around, to see a beautiful woman in long hair and wearing a casual dress, a longline blazer is hanging on her shoulder, while the right hand holding a coffee. The woman is smiling at her.

"Is this seat empty?" she gently asks, referring to an empty seat next to her.

"O-oh, yeah, please have a sit, " she invites as she moves aside a bit to give space for the person to sit.

"Aww, thanks" and that woman sits down. She glances a bit, to the woman. For some reason, she felt something wrong about that woman. She indeed beautiful, with her wavy strawberry blonde hair and makeup. The woman wears a knee-long dress with a scarf wrapped around her neck. Well, it does weird to wears scarf at this time of year?

She looks down at her legs, then she realized that the woman next to her actually a man; that crossdressed as a woman?!

"Is this first time for you meet a crossdresser?" Suddenly the 'woman' next to her speak out, unlike before, this time, with a slightly deep voice.

"Ah! I'm sorry!!" She apologized as soon she realized she actually stare at the person next to her, immediately, her face become red due to embarrassing. Now, she gets really anxious about how to refer the person.

"Don't worry, I get used to this...tho usually I got a disgusting look instead" The person chuckles with a cute voice. S/he sips the coffee in her/his hand. The girl looks at her/him, in curiosity.

"So, do you prefer called as 'male' or 'female'?" without thinking, those words slip out from her mouth. Once she realized, she quickly apologizes for being rude.

The woman surprised to hear that question, then smiles, "Hmm, it depends on you, I'm only wearing woman dress because I loved it, but I'm still a man inside" said the person. She nodded, understand.

"How interesting, you didn't feel disgusted with me?" awed him to see a normal reaction from her.

"Why would I? You are human as well" again, the person speechless for heard that from 14 years old middle schooler. Then he laughs. "Oh my, I start to take a liking to you"

She blushes for heard that from the crossdress stranger. Although he is wearing the woman outfit, he still mans tho. Quickly, she returns herself to her notebook to continue her poem.

"The boy over there..." Suddenly he spoke out. She looks at the person next to her, realized he pointed his finger at the bunch of kids at the playground.

"Are he is your brother?" ask him, in normal man's voices instead of 'woman' voices.

"Y-yeah, they are my brothers" replied the girl.

"Three of them?" shock him. She nodded. "Uwah~ must be tough being the eldest"

"I also have an older sister, and she is so strict. I scared of her" chuckles him. Although the person in a woman appears, the way he talks totally sounds like a man. The girl chuckles at his comment.

"Even an adult like you, still scare with your sister?" giggles her.

"Of course! Plus, my sister still older than me, you see" Ah, that makes sense too.

"Is it really okay for you to play at the playground without a parent's watch? Is almost dark after all, won't your parents will be worry? It's dangerous you know?" ask the person, concerned.

She drops into silent. Her eyes stare at her brothers, yet inside her eyes, it's full of sadness and despair. Then she said, "We have no parents"

"O-oh, I'm sorry..." apologized him. Now, he understands why the girl has such a sad sight.

She shakes her head, "It's okay, they had gone long ago...", she clenches her fist.

"So, we're you living with relatives or..."

"We have no other relatives....so, we live in the orphanage institution" the person drop silent. "You meant that institution at the end of this road?" She nodded.

"I see"

"Must be hard for you, isn't?" sympathy the person. She smiles, then replied "It's hard, but for my brothers, I need to be strong"

"Although, I wish I never need to return back at that place" She held her right arm. Now in her eyes, is full of rage, hatred and frigid feeling.

The person stares at her before he sighs. "I get it"

"Eh?" He gets up from a sit, tosses his empty coffee can into the bin.

"Oh right, I haven't introduced myself, isn't?" The person turns around, while took out a card from his purse.

"My name is Kurusu. Kurusu Ivan Tooru" he hand out his card to the girl. "Here is my card, keep it <3" She look at the card.

Engineer in Research and Development of Cross Corporation

"And, I'm also a social activist" she lifts her head, looks at the person in shock.

"Currently, I'm investigating any abusive cases among the orphans for the hypnosis microphone experiments" she flicks, as her left hand reflex and hold her right arm.

"It seems like, you are one of them..." Her colour faces dramatically changes to pale.

"Do not worry, I'm here to help you out from that hell..." Chuckles the man.

"First, may I know your name, miss?" She silent a moment.

"Reiko"

"Yamada Reiko"