VIII: Battle

The Division Rap battle finally take the place, each division was given a room for preparation before they'll call to the stage for the real battle.

Ichiro leaned at the wall. Jiro sits on the table while listen to music to calm himself down. Meanwhile, Saburo sits on the chair watching at the monitor in the room.

Suddenly, the door knocked as a staff peek into the room, informed them to be standby at the backstage. Buster Bros follow the order, as they walk out and follow the staff.

Today, the Yamada brothers surprisingly quiet than normal. Usually, Jiro and Saburo will be quarrel and Ichiro will scold them, but today, neither Jiro nor Saburo try to pick a fight...and Saburo surprisingly quite timid himself.

As they neared the backstage, they heard a conversation between the staffs...and one of them is Reiko.

"Reiko-san, it's only left 3 days before your birthday, isn't?" asked one of the staff.

"Huh? How did you know?" puzzled Reiko.

"Hehe, Kurusu-san bragging about it" chuckles the staff, while covering her mouth.

"Oh my, that old man" sigh her, then she saw Yamada brothers approaching.

"Buster Bros already here" she signals them; giving order through her walkie-talkie. The other staffs rush to their position as well.

"Your birthday is on 19th, Kurusu-san?" suddenly Jiro ask her. Reiko turn her head. "Aah, you guys overheard our conversation?"

"O-oh, sorry" apologized Jiro as soon as he realized he just admitted he was eavesdropping their conversation. Reiko smiles, "Yeah, it is my 23rd birthday, if you wanna send present, please send them to my office addresses" jokes Reiko. All of them laughs at her jokes.

"So~, You guys will be facing Mad Trigger Crew" The raven hair boys nodded their hair. Mad Trigger Crew will come out from another side of the stage, so, they are on another side of backstage.

Ichiro look at Reiko, when she pushed away her sideburn to the back of her ear, then he realized she is wearing a wireless headset on left ear, but, it looks weird. Why did she use walkie-talkie while she got her headset with her?

"Jiro and Saburo, this is your first battle, right? Good luck!" said Reiko. Both the boys nodded their head. She looks at Ichiro and smiles softly, "Please look after and guide your brothers properly, Ichiro"

Ichiro dumbfounded a while, before Saburo called him, "Y-yeah, sure..." stammer Ichiro, blush across his cheeks. Reiko widens her eyes but then smiles.

"Okay boys, good luck! Ikebukuro Division is rooting on you!!" She gives a good slap on each of their back, pushes them forward to the passage to the stage.

While walking through the canal, Saburo asks Ichiro if he is fine. Ichiro convinced Saburo that he is fine. Before a second later, he froze. Saburo and Jiro realized Ichiro stop from walks, they look into each other, wondering.

"Hey, Jiro...Saburo..."

"Yes?" synchronize they replied him.

"We cannot lose in this battle..." They tilted their head. "...nor we cannot die..."

"Uhm...Ichi-nii, why suddenly said something like that?" ask Saburo, feel anxious by the atmosphere.

"Y-yeah, Nii-chan! We will win in this battle no matter what!" said Jiro, try to lift up Ichiro's mood.