Interview - anfarlamb

Welcome to the first interview of the 7.0!

Today we'll be taking a short glimpse into the life of anfarlamb.

Anfar created her account on November 20th, 2015. She currently has two Warriors fanfictions up on her account, so go ahead and check them out! The link to her profile is in the external link.

Enjoy the interview!

———

1. What is your name?

In real life is a secret, but I go by Anfar or Lamb most commonly on Wattpad/online.

2. How would you describe yourself? (in three sentences or more)

I would describe myself as a responsible and introverted person who is also sensitive and somewhat indecisive. Generally speaking, I like to consider myself kind and considerate too. I am loyal and creative as well.

3. Have you ever been to a foreign country? Anywhere other than the one you would call home? If so, what are some interesting things you saw there?

I have not been to any foreign countries, but I have traveled around the USA - most recently, Alabama. I went to the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute and it was super interesting to learn more about that.

4. What inspires you to write? A person, a place? Anything!

Anything can give me inspiration! Songs, places, things... Though, usually, listening to music and/or drawing, watching animations { MAPs, particularly }, and reading other stories gives me inspiration.

5. How old were you when you took an interest in writing?

I don't remember an exact age, but for as long as I can remember I was interested in the creative arts, and I suppose that lead into writing!

6. Why did you choose your current username? Does it represent you? Does it have a story behind it?

My username, anfarlamb, has a mini story. Anfar represents part{s} of my name, and lamb is just a point that shows I love lambs!

7. Do you prefer to write fanfictions or spoofs?

Fanfictions.

8. Do you prefer to write a story in pencil on paper first? Or do you use a computer?Computers.

9. How did you find Wattpad, and what about it was the reason you decided to stay once you found it?

One of my friends showed it to me while she was at my house and I decided it was a good place to start out with some writing.

10. What is your favorite book on Wattpad, why is it your favorite, and would you suggest this book to others?

My favorite book on Wattpad is //Un//masked by Sparrowheart838. It is my favorite because it's one of the first books I read the whole way through and loved completely {and continued on with the series}. I would definitely suggest this book to others; it's really well written and packed with emotion!

11. Who is your favorite author on Wattpad and why?

I'm going to have to go with Sparrowheart838. Her books are phenomenally written and she also is a good person too!

12. How did you find out about Warriors, and what made you stick to the series?

I don't remember how I found out about Warriors, but I think that I happened to pick up the first book when my teacher was pressuring me to find one. It was really interesting to me and I soon found out that a different friend was reading them too, which helped me stay interested in it. Also, I like cats.

13. What is your favorite arc in Warriors? Why?

My favorite arc has to be the original arc. It has a certain charm to it that I feel the newer books don't really have anymore. Admittedly, there are problems with it, but I like it better than the rest.

14. What inspired you to write Warriors fanfiction/spoofs?

I don't think it was a specific thing that inspired me, rather just me thinking of ideas for stories/spin-offs of Warriors and turning it into a story.

15. How many people do you know in person who also read Warriors?

Two. One I don't see too much, and the other I talk to during school on occasion. I never get to gush about my favorite characters irl :(

16. Who is your favorite character from the series? Why?

My favorite character has to be Whitestorm. I do really like a lot of the other characters { Bluestar, Yellowfang, etc. } but Whitestorm is so wise and so nice. Special shoutout to Stonefur, his death was a true warrior's.

17. What tips would you like to give to any aspiring authors?

Don't write for others, write for yourself! I find that too many people get upset when their books get no views - which is understandable, but if you change your goal { ex. to make yourself a better writer } you'll be happier in the end! Also, if you continue to update regularly, you might just find yourself with a decent following...

18. What would you say is the most important when writing a story?

There are many important parts to a story, but sticking to it is crucial. If you like the idea, stay with it! If you find you're getting bored with the idea, then you can always tweak it. However, don't stay with a story that you really, really despise, this can just ruin writing in general. It's a tricky topic.

19. Tell us about any of your Warriors fanfiction(s), what it is about, and why we should read it.

My first Warriors fanfiction, Withering Herbs, is about a cat {shocker} named Owlpaw. All of the Clans in this book are suffering from a disease that is killing off a lot of the cats, to the point where their ranks are very low. Owlpaw and the rest of his Clan has to find a way to survive and also overcome other obstacles.

20. Is there anything you'd like to say to your friends, fans, and readers? Any shout-outs to specific Wattpad members?

Thank you :)

———

That's all for today! Feel free to ask Anfar more questions below in the comments, and if you'd like to recommend another person to interview, let us know who in the "Interviews" chapter at the start of the magazine. Make sure to post your recommendation ONLY in "Interviews" — we might miss it if posted elsewhere. Thanks!