Interview - OliviaJWrites

Today we'll be taking a short glimpse into the life of OliviaJWrites.

Olivia created her account on May 5th, 2016. The link to her profile is in the external link.

Enjoy the interview!

———

1. What is your name?

My name is Olivia Caroline Janet, a pleasure to meet you!

2. How would you describe yourself? (in three sentences or more)

I'm a hardworking girl with a passion for cats, writing, and all things chocolate. I always try to see the good in everyone and I love to meet new people. My family is the most important thing in my life, and I spend most of my time having fun with them!

3. Have you ever been to a foreign country? Anywhere other than the one you would call home? If so, what are some interesting things you saw there?

No, unfortunately, though I wish I have. It would be quite nice to travel abroad! I have traveled to several states in the southern USA, though, including Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, Arkansas, and, of course, my home state of Louisiana.

4. What inspires you to write? A person, a place? Anything!

My cousins and family inspire most of my stories. They're the ones who cheer me on, who read my works and tell me how to improve. I don't know how I would have begun writing without them!

5. How old were you when you took an interest in writing?

I first took an interest in writing around the age of 4! Of course, I was just goofing off at the time, writing a story about trains, but as I got older, I really fell in love with the language arts. I began to commit to writing at around 11, where I first started creating full-length stories. I've been enjoying writing so much ever since!

6. Why did you choose your current username? Does it represent you? Does it have a story behind it?

My current username represents my purpose here on Wattpad. My name is Olivia Janet, and I'm here to write my hands off!

7. Do you prefer to write fanfictions or spoofs?

Ooh, that's a hard one. I absolutely love writing both!

8. Do you prefer to write a story in pencil on paper first? Or do you use a computer?

It depends! I typically write short stories out on pen and paper, but for long fanfictions and original stories, I usually type them on my laptop.

9. How did you find Wattpad, and what about it was the reason you decided to stay once you found it?

I found Wattpad from one of my school friends, who told me that I'd enjoy the site and its writing community. I actually wasn't going to stay at first, when I saw how similar it was at times to a social media site, but eventually, I came to find that the community was wonderful and encouraging and it was a great place to share my writing. I love the friends that I've made on here, and I can definitely say my writing has improved since joining.

10. What is your favorite book on Wattpad, why is it your favorite, and would you suggest this book to others?

So sorry, but I can't possibly choose a favorite! I've read plenty of Warriors fanfictions that I just couldn't put down, plus quite a few science fiction and fantasy stories.