➤ VI

-The sound of rolling thunder was what woke Wanda up the next morning. The young woman's body jolted as she sat up in fright, breathing heavier than normal. Wanda had never cared for storms that much. This was no exception.

Wanda looked over at Vision. He hadn't been effected by the storm yet as he still laid still, still sleeping quite peacefully. Vision's arm was loosely draped over Wanda thighs. It had previous been around her waist, but had moved due to Wanda changing positions in the bed.

Wanda took a deep, shaky breath, combing her fingers through her tangly hair before throwing her legs over the side of the bed and walking over to the phone to ring the front desk. Before she grabbed the phone, Wanda took note of the time: 12:28pm. The two had never slept in this late before (not that they had much experience to go on), but it still took Wanda by surprise nonetheless. She didn't know that either of them needed the sleep that much.

Wanda shrugged it off as she picked up the phone, ringing for the front desk to ask for room service. She ordered two hot mugs of peppermint tea, one for her and Vision, and added a sandwich with a side of chips for Vision, as she wasn't really hungry, herself. She knew that she would regret not eating later, but in the moment, she was fine with not eating.

Wanda headed into the bathroom to brush her teeth before the housekeeping came to their room. She didn't get dressed, though. She was planning on offering Vision a lazy day inside their hotel room today considering the weather was too bad to do anything else. They had been on their feet this whole time, anyhow, and everyone loves a day to relax.

Wanda came prepared for a day in. She had grabbed a couple board games (including chess, Vision's favorite) from Sam's jet to take with her on their getaway. They were originally used for 'Rebel Avengers Game Night,' but Wanda figured that the trio could go without a couple games for the time being.

As soon as Wanda set her toothbrush down, a light knock came from the door. Wanda grabbed the thin housecoat made out of rough material that was hung inside the bathroom to greet the service that was there. She opened the door and allowed the housekeeper to come inside and set the small tray of their lunch down on the small coffee table in the sitting area portion of the hotel room. Wanda thanked the housekeeper and tipped them, sending them on their way.

Wanda grabbed both mugs of tea, moving to put Vision's in the microwave so it wouldn't cool down as fast. She then went over to the other side of the hotel room where the bed was and pulled out the record player that the couple had bought just the day before. Wanda plugged it into an outlet and grabbed The Carpenters record that Vision decided to get, placing it inside of the player and dropping the needle. Wanda made sure the volume was down so it didn't wake her sleeping love, but made sure it was loud enough to be heard clearly.

Wanda then grabbed her book and tea and sat in the oversized chair that was placed snuggly next to the window that was near the bed. It was just now that Wanda was able to read the cover of the book, considering her buying it was an impulse purchase solely having to do with the bright cover and beautiful array of colors that glistened when the light hit it. It was titled "I'll Give You the Sun" by Jandy Nelson. Wanda tilted her head as she read the quote on the front of the cover that was there in place of the title.

"We were all heading for each other on a collision course. No matter what, maybe some people are just meant to be in the same story."

Interesting, thought Wanda with a smile as she immediately dove into the book, taking sips of tea every now and then.

It was twenty minutes later that Vision awoke to one of the most beautiful settings he had ever been able to experience.

Vision woke up to the sound of soft, relaxing music playing throughout the room combined with the patter of raindrops hitting violently against the window. The two together made for a harmonious pair, one that Vision found exceedingly peaceful. As he slowly opened his eyes, Vision's eyesight adjusted to the view of the woman he knew as his girlfriend sitting comfortably in a chair, still in her pajamas and messy hair as she was nose-deep in a book. Her eyes didn't leave the page as she reached towards the side table, grabbing ahold of a mug and taking a sip. Vision couldn't help but smile with pure adoration. He was so helplessly in love with her, and he knew it.