Prologue

I stare at the white, rose scented envelope on my desk. I've been staring at it for almost an hour now. Who would have thought that I the "Ice Queen" would be afraid to open an envelope, after all it just a piece of paper.

I dread the contents of this particular piece of paper, I'm pretty sure its an invitation to some week long family occasion that I'll have to smile and laugh through.

I lean in and take it between my index finger and my thumb like its some kind of parasite. I keep it arms length away from my face, I hate scented paper, it is unecessary and it makes me sneeze. I pick up the phone on my desk and dial my P.A, "Jessica please come in here immediately"

I cut the phone before she replies and I hear her hurried footsteps coming towards my office door. She enters with a fearful expression on her face, I inwardly sigh I wasn't even that harsh. I really try to be more sensitive with her, she's still young but also dam good at her job.

"Please may you come open the envelope for me" I give her a tight smile and hope she doesn't suspect anything is amiss. "Please read it" I see her eyes skimming across the words silently "Out loud" I groan in frustration.

"Dear Miss Lane"

They make me sound so old

"You are cordially invited to join us is the unionship of Madilade Summer Lane and Chad Whitcome"

The world stops spinning for a second and I cant hear anything else Jessica is saying.

My baby sister is getting married.

The walls are closing in and I can not even breath, I'm about to have a meltdown. "That's enough Jessica you can go!" I know I sound mean but I need to be alone. Her face is completely drained of any blood before she turns and practically sprints out the door "Leave the envelope" I practically growl. She does as instructed within a blink of an eye.

As soon as she's out the door I stand up and slowly walk to my alcohol cabinet. Every male ceo has an alcohol cabinet and its considered normal yet people are always eyeing mine like its a controversial nude statue.

I take a few sips straight from the bottle before going back to my chair and sitting. I turn it around so that I'm now facing the view of the city. I may have inherited the buissnes but where I am today is all me, sitting in the top floor of one of the highest sky scrapers.

But my success means nothing to my family, as long as I do not have a ring on my finger I am a failure in life in their eyes. And to make matters worse my baby sister has gone and got herself a husband. I'm probably happy for her deep down inside but I'm not even sure anymore because of the amount of layers I've used to bury my emotions.

I close my eyes and start making a mental list of things I need to pack and a mental note to inform Jessica to make the reservations.

Home (not so sweet) Home

Ready Or Not Here I Come

§§^^§§

A little deep for a prologue but oh well F*** it...

Vote & Comment

Thanks for reading