Chapter 3- Breakfast

This chapter is dedicated to Breakfree96 you are awesome! sorry I couldn't give you a proper dedication

#####

Breakfast- A morning meal eaten when breaking the fasting period of the night.

****

Damon Adkins starts walking excrutiatingly slowly in my direction. I grab my clothes off the bed quickly, side step him and head to the bathroom. "As much as I want to stay and chat I have a very important breakfast to attend."I say giving him an icy smile, he grabs my arm his hands are so warm and turns me around so that I am now facing him "Good thing I'm attending that very same breakfast" he replies grinning like it's some type of achievment. I feel my smile slipping but quickly plaster it back on This means that he is in the wedding party and inturn meaning I am going to have to spend the next two weeks with this idiot!

I walk to the bathroom and ensure to lock the door behind me before I begin to change, by the time I exit he has already left. I sigh in relief, slip on my sandles, grab my sunglasses, phone and walllet then leave the cottage.

On my way to the main house I focus on my breathing, being in my mothers presence the whole day is bound to make my calm, cool facade dissolve. She's always testing me, seeing how far it takes to make me crack. So i'll just have to make sure I leave the room every time she has a go at me, instead of letting my emotions control my actions.

When I reach the house I head to the bathroom first to check my appearance and to go through my mental plan once again. As I walk down the hall I immediately regret wearing flats, I have this thing where I have to either be at eye level with someone or taller than them else I will feel inferior, a feeling I detest.

I rush to my sisters room upstairs, 7 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms on this floor, 4 floors in total extremely unnecessary for a family of 5. I don't even twitch when I pass my old bedroom, I left the day of high school graduation and never looked back there's nothing in there for me. I let myself in her room and head straight for her walk in wardrobe, just like my mother Maddy has always been extremely extravagant.

I can not find a single plain pair of heels in a dull, neutral colour so I settle for a pair of red stilletos. They are the only ones that do not have either spikes, chains or luminous colour.

I head down the spiral stair case then enter the dining hall and cringe at the sight, there are about 30 people sitting and eating, that means 30 people in the wedding party meaning 30 people I'll have to constantly smile at and make small talk with.

I walk to the table and sit next to a young man with striking blond hair. I give him a small closed mouth smile, he returns it with a big boyish grin. I shiver at the sight not out of pleasure but out of apprehension, It's clear his one of those ever cheerful, smiling people. People I can't stand.

My arrival has caught the attention of one of the catering staff who comes my way and takes my order of toast, bacon and black tea. I look to the head of the table where my mom is sitting next to Phil my stepfather, I see that my late arrival didn't fail to catch her attention to and now she's trying to throw reprimanding looks in my direction.

I look away from her and I'm extremely glad to see that my foods arrived, something to distract me. I lay a piece of  juicy bacon on my tongue, just as I close my eyes to savour the taste I hear the chair next to me being dragged out quite noisily. I open one eye to glare at the newcomer but drop my fork when I see who has arrived. None other that Adkins, I can't seem to rid myself of his devilish presence.

"Miss me much?" he asks while sitting down and leaning towards me. Subconsciously I grip my knife tighter. "It is in both our best interests for you to leave me the hell alone for the duration of the next 2 weeks Mr Adkins" my voice is barely above a whisper, a lethal whisper.