Chapter 4

Dr. Taylor leads me into the exam room and motions me to take a seat in the dental chair. Looking around, I see the drill and other tools of horror. I'm petrified. I can't get out of my head. Even the hot dentist isn't enough to distract me at this point.
"So, what brings you in today Penny? He asks.
"Um, well, to be honest it's been a while since I've had a check up and I'm pretty sure I have cavities." I say hesitantly.
"Well, lets go ahead and take a look here."
He leans over me to put the paper bib on me and accidentally grazes my breast. We both exchanged a glance and he smiled and looked away, pretending like it may not have happened. He continued on, and lowered the exam chair back into the correct position. He turned the blaring light on and position it over my mouth.
"Okay Penny, open up nice and wide for me"
I reluctantly open my mouth. He pushes his finger down on my jaw implying that he wants me to open up more. I complied with his request and prepared for the worst. I could feel him poking around, it was painful, but bearable. I tried to act like it wasn't hurting but I don't think the doctor was fooled.
"Well, Miss Penny, you definitely need some work done here"
Work?! Like what kind of work are we talking here Doc. Like the kind where you just clean my teeth and I go on about my life?
He says, "You have a few cavities that are in pretty rough shape. I'll have to give you some fillings. I'm surprised they haven't bothered you sooner."
To be honest, they did. I'm just a scary cat.
He said, "It's unclear how many you have, as some might be between your teeth, so I'll have to take an X-ray."
Ugh, more torture.
The hot dentist rigs my mouth up with all sorts of inserts for this X-ray. At this point I wish I never came in even though his hotness just might be worth it all. He pulls the machine out and positions it at all different angles and snaps multiple shots.
Dr. Taylor walks over, grabs my hand and says, "hang tight Penny, I'm going to go look these over and I'll be right back." He smiles and winks at me before exiting the room.
What the hell was that?! Was he implying something? It seemed like he was being a little more friendly than the neighborhood dentist should be. Maybe he is just overly nice? Or maybe he wants me. No, there's no way a guy like that would ever go for a girl like me. I'm just your typically run of the mill chick. Nothing special about me in the slightest. I have face full of freckles, long black hair, and green eyes. Just your average plain Jane.
Oh, but how amazing would it be if he did want me. Maybe my wildest dream could FINALLY come true.
Down Penny, think logically here. He is the doctor and you are the patient. There will be nothing more. He is a very professional man. Mid thought, Dr. Taylor walks back in the room...