Chapter 3

"You look so pretty!" Mikayla clapped as she took a couple steps back to look at her work.

I was wearing a loose thin t-shirt with jean shorts and sandals. I did a cute and subtle winged eyeliner with concealer on any blemishes.

"Thanks" I said smiling at myself in the mirror. I was looking forward to seeing Alex, I felt really good about the way I looked and I hoped he'd think the same.

I took my sunglasses off my nightstand and put them on my head. I was already nervous about this but when I heard the knock on the door I got twice as anxious.

Mikayla smiled and walked over to the door and opened it to reveal a very handsome Alex with a tiger lily in his left hand.

I gasped silently at the gesture. I thought it was so sweet of him to get me a flower.

He walked in and I smiled up at him. He was wearing a blue t-shirt and some worn out jeans. His hair was a mess as it usually was but it was a stylish mess.

"You look great." He said before motioning to my hair that was braided in a French braid.

I blushed and nodded to him. He walked closer to me and put the flower in my hair.

"Thanks" I said with a sheepish smile.

"Well you guys have fun and I want the details when you get back." Mikayla said suddenly. I laughed as she opened the door for us to exit and be on our way.

He walked me out of the room and she closed it behind us.

"So you said you wanted milkshakes? Well I have a place in mind that I think you'll enjoy." He smiled as we walked down the hall and out of the building.

***

"You've never had spaghetti tacos?" I asked surprised. Taking a bite of my milkshake.

"Nope. Never." He said smiling at me. He was so cute when he smiled.

"Well I'll have to make you some because they are the bomb.com." I said feeling a little heat on my face. I was embarrassed for saying that out loud.

He chuckled a little, "Okay." He said before taking another bite of his half melted peanut butter milkshake.

I smiled down at mine which was mint chocolate chip flavored. He was unbelievably attractive and I couldn't help but think about what he might think about me.

Did he think I was cute? Sexy maybe? I didn't ask. Not that I would even think about it, I'd be too embarrassed.

"You're really cute." He said to me and I snapped up looking into his eyes.

"Thanks." I said sheepishly. He thinks I'm cute.

I blushed as I tried to not be so awkward. I couldn't help it though I was just an awkward person.

He played with his straw that was dwelling in his glass. He seemed to be studying me. Like he was trying to figure me out.

"Do you wanna go for a walk?" He asked with a bite of shake in his mouth.

I looked at my milkshake which was almost gone. I looked out of the window next to us. It was still daylight out but in only a few minutes the sun would start to set.