The Battle

"Aim!"

The ends of all the cannon barrels turned to point directly at Peter, who thought smugly, You can aim all you want.

The rain started to pour. Peter looked up. The thunderstorm had arrived. The winds pushed the grey clouds across the black backdrop that was the sky at breakneck pace. Lightning flashed, momentarily illuminating the scene, but while lightning was nothing new to Peter, when he saw the lines of electricity snake across the horizon for a brief second, he thought he had imagined it.

"Fire in the hole!"

BOOM!

A massive noise echoed and two things happened at once:

The first thing was that the lightning flashed once more, confirming what Peter had seen. There were two bolts of lightning, one ocean blue and the other crimson red. The Dea and the Hag were fighting, but where they had gone, Peter had no idea.

The second thing was that although Peter had attempted to force the cannonballs to stay inside the cannon barrels with his magic, the Hag's enchantment caused them to fly out anyway. Peter sighed as he let himself drop a few feet. The cannonballs landed into the sea and were swallowed by the ocean.

But then Peter heard a whizzing sound and looked down into the water. There was something moving. He squinted at the shadows and his eyes widened when the objects reemerged from the depths.

Peter flew in the direction of the ships with the cannonballs hot on his tail. The men seemed to be astounded that their cannonballs were capable of chasing their targets like homing missiles. They were also surprised that Peter was heading towards them rather than the opposite.

Peter flew directly at the man who had ordered the cannons to be fired, who was still staring, bug-eyed. It wasn't until Peter was a few feet away from him did he even think to run. He thought Peter was going to ram straight into him.

But instead, Peter shot upwards like a bullet into the sky. There was a sickening crack as the cannonballs behind the boy in green reduced the man to nothing more than a bag of crumpled bones covered in blood.

That woke the men on the ship up. Peter watched with glee from above the ships as the men yelled and roared with both anger and terror. A few men on the same ship as the now dead captain gathered around the man's body. There wasn't any solid part of the corpse left to drag away.

A man with dark hair looked up and saw Peter, who smirked at the man's murderous look. The man turned around and barked at the others to return to their stations. The troops obeyed and readied the cannons once more. However, they didn't get the chance to even aim, as Peter had decided that he was bored.

Peter shot downwards so quickly, he was nothing more than a blur. He landed on the ship nearest to the right with so much force that the entire vessel shook. When he stood up, he almost fell over. From a distance, the water didn't seem as wild, but actually being on the surface of the sea, he was almost overwhelmed.

Water was sprayed into his face and sea salt filled his nostrils. The wind howled and it hit him almost as hard as a slap. The rain hammered down and thunder roared.

Back on Neverland, Peter made sure that the weather suited his mood, and even when he was furious, the weather he conjured was never as wild as this. But now, he was far away from his island and for a second, Peter was unsure of himself, an emotion he had not felt in a long while.

It's still your turf, Peter. A voice said, making Peter's head snap up. We're on the sea, which is my territory. The Dea said, But they're also Neverland's waters. Show them what you can do.