The Weakness

Peter's vision whitened momentarily as he regained his breath. The clamp around his windpipe had disappeared. He gasped and coughed, putting his hands on the ground for support.

Sunlight bouncing off of waves. The shimmer of the sea.

"His hair it hangs in ringlets..."

The sound of water weaving through sand and rock. The salty smell as the waves leaped into the air, spraying foam everywhere.

"His eyes as green as jewels..."

Underwater plants waving gracefully. Large pieces of coral emerging from the ocean floor, standing silent and stoic like giants.

"My happiness attend him, wherever he may go..."

Then the taste of seawater hit him. It wasn't unpleasant. The salt was mild and gentle. It felt friendly, even.

"From Tower Hill to Blackwall, I'll wail and weep and moan, all for my jolly sailor, until he sails home..."

Then it was gone and Peter wanted it back immediately. He opened his eyes and they widened when he realized where he was. Hook and Reacher had disappeared and he was no longer in the stone chamber.

He was underwater.

But he could breathe.

He frowned, bewildered as he looked up. He could see the rays of the setting sun reflecting off of the water, turning it slightly red. He wasn't too deep under the water, but he couldn't see the seabed, assuming he was in the sea of course. He wasn't panicking, no, after all, he didn't feel his lungs burn. He wasn't drowning.

He was going to swim towards the surface, but then he felt a tap on his shoulder from behind him. He turned around.

"Come with me," The Dea said, smiling as she had done the whole day. Her voice was clear as if she wasn't under water. Bubbles erupted from her mouth, but Peter could hear her perfectly well.

"What have you done to me?" Peter demanded, surprised to find that he could talk without water rushing into his mouth. "Why can't I use my magic? How can I breathe? How can I talk?"

The Dea chuckled. "You'll see. Come with me first." She was wearing the same blue bathing suit that Peter had first seen her in. However, there was a silky, flowing dress that was tied around her waist that billowed around her legs when she swam.

"Where are you taking me?" Peter said bitterly as he swam beside her. Unlike her, he had to use his arms as well to keep up with her. She was unnaturally fast underwater. He couldn't help but notice how graceful she was. "You made me admit that I loved..." Peter swallowed, feeling as if there was a lump in his throat. "Wendy."

"I'm going to help you now." She said, smiling. Her hair was flowing behind her in the water. "That's what I said I would do, after all."

Peter grunted in response. "Where are Hook and Reacher?"

"I send them away," The Dea replied. "They've served their purpose. I wrote Hook a little note. They're no longer in Neverland; they've returned to England."

"We're the only two going up against Nobles, his entire fleet, and the Hag?" Peter asked incredulously.

"His fleet won't be a problem. Neither will he. I doubt that the Hag will waste her magic to keep them alive. Besides, Grim will be there. He'll take all the mortal souls in case the Hag wants to absorb them. They'll hardly give her any power, but I mean, she'll probably want to stock up as best as she can when going up against me."