Chapter 35: These Are My Confessions

Somehow these chapters are out of order so make sure you read Chapter 34 first. Ugh!

I woke up that morning with a pounding headache as the events of last night played on a continuous loop in my head.

"Hey sleepyhead," Zach said poking his head out of the bathroom.

"Hey babe," I said plopping down onto my back.

" It's 10:30, check out is at 11:30, so you might want to get up," Zach mumbled sounding like he had a toothbrush in his mouth.

I got up with a huff slinging the covers from my body. On the rolling chair to the desk was a pair of dark washed Levi skinny jeans with a long sleeve teal shirt with "Twenty Fine" written in pink cursive writing. I went into the bathroom and slid past Zach intentionally rubbing my body against his.

"Don't start no shit Elise," Zach quipped while rinsing his mouth out. I waved a dismissive hand and made my way over to the shower turning up the temperature. I used the always there hair tie on my wrist to pull my hair up in a messy bun on top of my head. When I stepped into the shower, the heat from the water immediately relaxed my aching muscles. It just reminded me of how long it had been since I had a night out like that.

I heard the curtain pullback followed by a shadow now lingering over me. Zach kissed my shoulder sweetly and then reached for the towel in my hand. He lathered it with my Dove body wash and began to clean my body gently. I melted into his touch with my eyes closed.

" Don't fall asleep in this shower girl," he rasped now rinsing the lingering suds from my body.

"Let me get out of here before I end up hurting myself," I said removing myself from the tub. After we both finished showering, taking care of our hygiene, and getting dressed, we made our way to the lobby to meet Jayme and Destiny. After we met in the lobby, we made our way to the parking deck. The boys put our luggage that I never knew existed in the back while Destiny and I got in the truck.

" Sis, is this your thong," Destiny said with her face scrunched up. My mouth dropped as I quickly grabbed it and placed it in my purse. I gave my best friend a sheepish smile as I turned back around in my seat.

" Sorry," I sang out. I heard moving making me turn around to see Destiny wiping down the seat with Anti-bacterial wipes. I'm glad this was leather. Jayme opened the door looking at her confusedly.

" Destiny, what you got going on now," Jayme said quizzically.

She paused cutting her eyes at me, " Ask your brother and your sister-in-law, freaky asses," she quipped going back to wiping down the seats.

" Oh yeah, well maybe I should ask my best friend and brother-in-law, how was their sleepover, with their freaky asses," I said lifting an eyebrow. Two can play that game. Zach just whistled as he buckled himself in and Jayme looked out the window.

" Fuck you, Lise," Destiny said tossing her wipes on the ground and climbing in the truck.

" Nope, Jay got that covered," I said reaching back and patting her knee as she jerked away childishly. That was Zach's cue to turn up the radio as we made our way to the Original House of Pancakes for brunch before heading home. We all ate and laughed about last night's events.

" Soooo....," I drug out while clicking my tongue against the roof of my mouth, " How long have y'all been fucking," I said looking between Destiny and Jayme. Destiny looked off to the side while Jayme swirled his straw around in his orange juice.

" Truthfully sis," Jayme said finally meeting my eyes and then looking over at Destiny who nodded her head in approval, " We started talking at nephew's celebration and then we went on a couple of dates. However, I think your cake is to blame for last night".

Jayme's chocolate covered cheeks now had a reddish purple hue that showed he was indeed blushing while Desinty hid her hands in her palms. " I'm here for it," I said with a smile. " Just don't expect me to choose sides because it's not happening."

" That nigga chooses your side all the time," Zach said flicking his hands towards Jayme.

" Not my problem," I replied tersely while taking an appreciative sip of my water. I didn't have a problem with them dating. I actually wanted to set that up myself, but I'm glad they found their way to each other, therefore, if it didn't work out they couldn't blame me.

We all got lost in conversation as I replied to the texts that I had not seen throughout the night. One thing that weighed heavily on my mind was the fact that I had not heard from Cam. Not even a happy birthday text. I excused myself from the table to go to the bathroom to make sure that everything was okay.

Cameron and I had been friends since sixth grade, and since that time, he has NEVER missed a birthday. The phone rung a few times before his voice followed by some shuffling came through the line.

"What's up," he said shortly.

" Hey, Cam. Just checking on you. I missed seeing you last night. Everything okay," I said as upbeat as possible, which I was. I wasn't mad just concerned.

"I was busy," he responded dryly.

" Oh... okay...," I replied confusedly at his tone. " I Was just checking on you. You sure you're okay, you sound funny?"

" Would you even care?" he said sarcastically.

I scoffed. " What do you mean? Of course, I care. I've been calling you since after Thanksgiving, but you never call back. You send me these dry ass messages in return. Destiny and I even came up there to check on you only to find out that you moved."

" My life doesn't revolve around you Elise," he raised his voice.

" And I don't expect it to," I replied aggravatedly. I didn't know where all this was coming from. The same way Cam would come down here when something was wrong with me, I would do the same for him. Hell, I remember skipping a class Sophomore year and taking that three-hour drive just to beat a girl up for keying his car.

" But you do. You ever stopped to think about me and what I need and what I want" I scrunched up my face in confusion as he continued to talk. " You married a dude that did nothing but change you. He doesn't care about your hopes and dreams. Everything in your life revolves around him-"

" Where is all this coming from Cam? Are you drunk? High?"

" I'm in love," he shouted, and my mouth fell open.

I swear Wattpad is giving me the blues! I've tried to update so many times but it was tripping

I swear Wattpad is giving me the blues! I've tried to update so many times but it was tripping. I apologize if these chapter appear out of order.

Soooo.... who guessed it?

I wanna hear from yall!