Video game

Lances pov

"So i hear back on earth you have a thing called...video games"Allura says sounding out the word as she says it.

"Yeah, i love video games!"i shout out a grin on my face as i remember the late nights playing, my mom was always mad at me for that.

"Well thats great, i guess your the one going on this mission then"allura says, looking at me with her wide eyes.

"Wh-what?!"i shout, my eyes widen and my mouth hangs slightly open.

"It seems lotor has chosen a new tactic and made a world completely in tech, where he then puts a persons consciousness inside it."allura says. I sigh in relief sounds like I'll be fine.

"We have been working for a while and believe we have recreated his tech"pidge says and stands next to a flat table with many....many wires that connect to a huge screen and computer.

"Are you up for it lance"i hear shiro ask me, i swallow the lump that has formed in my throat and place a shaky smile on my face.

"Yeah sure, will it be just me o-or...."i stammer out.

"Yes sadly we only had materials for one, coran will explain some things while pidge sets you up"allura says and pats my back. I nod and move my slightly shaky legs to the table. I lay down as i feel pidge stick wires on my skin with suction and push some under my skin.

"In this world you are given a version of your paladin armor and you get to choose a weapon, you have no control over anything and will jut have to play through it till the end"coran explain. I cut back a groan in my throught as pidge shoves a wire in my side.

"We will be able to see what you are doing on the screen out here, we will see your vitals and hear what is happening to you. You won't be able to hear us or see your health, so be carefull"coran says. I nod okay, this may be more difficult then i thought.

"How many lives to i get?"i ask, coran looks confused.

"You only have one like you usually do. oh yes i forgot to mention, Anything that hurts you in the game will hurt you in real life, so if an arm gets cut off in the game your arm will get cut off in real life, if you die in the game you die out here. We cant heal you from out here but there may be some objects to bring up health, though they are stealthily hidden."coran finishes explaining twisting his mustache in his fingers. I feel fear rush down my spine making my body turn cold, my instincts tell me to start flailing around and try to escape but i remain still.

"What?!"Keith and hunk yell at the same time. Taking a glance at shiro he seems to have a shocked look on his face.

"Good luck paladin."allura says and i feel pidges tiny hands slide something on my forhead. The world blurs out of sight, and soon a new one rebuilds itself in front of me, the new terrain being made of blocks at first before turning into a smooth world that looks real.

"Okay...so is it like levels or....oh"i say spinning around and finally stoping when i see a dungeon like building in front of me. I guess its a level game, one new dungeon is a level.

I walk towards the entrance once i get there it shows four weapons, a small hand gun, a larger gun that goes on the shoulder, a sword, and i knife. I have better training with a gun but i need something more agile then my normal weapon type. I grab the small hand gun, as soon as my fingers curl around the gun a white wraps around my body then forms into my paladin armor and the door to the entrance opens.

I take a deep breath and start the walk inside. As soon as I'm in the wall blocks where i came from and the room is completely dark, then fire appears on all the torches and lots of lights fly together to make a fighter.

Keiths pov

"This is dangerous! We are sending him into lotors world where he controls everything with the possibilities of death at every corner!"i shout at alluras remark.

"Look we all have to make sacrifices at times, if he wins this so many lives will be saved, rebels and mamora members will be released, innocent people will be rescued!"allura says.

"This is bad idea, no its and idiotic idea! He might die!"i shout, how could they be so okay with this.

"Keith, we are putting the life of one person over thousands!"allura uses my own words against me. I want to retaliate but i have nothing.

"He's...he's not just one life, he's a person. If he dies...."i start but cant finish.

"Keith, have some faith in lance, don't you trust him"shiro says putting a hand on my shoulder. I cant believe he is taking their side. I shrug shiros hand of my shoulder and sit in front of the screen just watching lance battle different fighters. After 10 different levels each increasing in difficulty he laughs.

"Hey lotor! Is this all ya got because i use simulators just like this for hours on end each night while running off less them 30 minutes of sleep"lance calls out, a cocky grin on his face, not one scratch on his body.

"Lance never told me that" i hear hunk mutter.

Lances pov

I walk through the door to the 11th dungeon. The entrance is blocked off. Then i hear the cunning voice of lotor.

"In each new level a monster will start in the first room and make its way towards you, this monster is invincible, if it touches you, you will be poisoned and have only 15 Vargas before you die. Good luck warrior."

Now I'm on a timer... Soon the fighters pop up, 13 of them and the doors behind me open up...

"Oh fuck..."i whisper.