Good luck

I'm going to guess you already knew this but you should listen to the songs up there as you read, no i don't choose them for the story but i listen to them while i write it.

Lances pov

"Alright team, get to your lions"Allura says. Everyone starts to head to their lions but i walk to Keith.

"Be careful"he whispers to me. I give him a kiss on the cheek and we part our ways, going to our lions. We do this before any battle, so maybe if something goes wrong they last memory with each other is a good one...but all memories with Keith are good.

This time we aren't infiltrating, no this time the galra are attacking. We get to our lions in the heat of battle no one else seems to be talking to anyone else. The coms are silent, lasers are being shot from both sides. Sometimes someone will grunt but nothing to noticeable. I clear out the people around me and take a moment to look at everyone else. My eyes widen as i come face to face with the sight of galra pointing their canon at Keith. So like i always do when i see someone in trouble i race in to block off the hit.

"Keith watch out!"i scream as i dash in front of him just in time to take the hit. I feel my body jerk out of my seat and slam against the control panel a sharp object embedded itself into my side. I pull out of the sharp object and fall to the floor.

"Lance!"Keith screams. I pant the pain in my side feels as if its only a small cut, thank goodness it's not that bad. I stand up with difficulty for some reason, my body being shaky from adrenalin.

"I'm...I'm fine"i breath out in heaves.

"Good"he mutters. I finally manage to make it to my piloting chair and sit back down. We continue to fight, soon the galra have to retreat and we go back to the castle once they are gone. My lion lands and i sit in the seat for a little, collecting my thoughts and letting the adrenalin go away. As the high of action wears off i can feel a pain in my side, it burns but instead of feeling dry it feels wet. My leg feels warm. I slowly stand up, my legs now shaking but from pain this time. As soon as i am on both my feet i feel a wave of nausea and dizziness hit me. My stomach churns and i feel like throwing up contents in my stomach. With a groan i take one step after another and walk out of the lion. The world feels hot...much hotter then normal. I can feel cold sweat droplets on my head. I walk out and keiths waiting for me.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! Why do you keep putting yourself in danger?! Why do you keep taking bullets for others?! Why do you have no self preservation?! Instead of worrying about others worry about you! Just stop with the whole self sacrificing thing! Okay you had your moment in glory now-"Keith kept going on and on, but soon his words slowed down and started blurring together. His face started to get fuzzy till it was uncognizable, the pain on my side feeling like someone is shoving a burning knife farther and father in my skin so slowly, oh so slowly. The room becomes to hot to bare like my body has entered the sun.

Keiths pov

As i continue on with my rant lance falls to the ground. I move as fast i can and catch him before he crashes into the ground. Once again i am cradling my unconscious boyfriend in my arms. I hold him bridal style and lift him up, trying to be as careful with his delicate body.

I run to the healing pods keeping a grip on him but not to tight, i felt if i squished him to hard he would shatter in my arms. I make it to the heeling pods and no one is around.

"Help!"i shout and start pulling off lances armor. I couldn't lose him, not this way, not now! Stripping down the armor i got a better view of the large gash in his side that gushes blood, the pool of blood already collected inside his armor falls to the ground staining the floors, my hands, and my armor.

"Help!"i shout again. The black cloth under lances armor seems to have turned into a deeper black. Soon coran rushes in. When he sees lance he asks no questions and opens a heeling pod. I don't know how much time he had left, so in fear of losing him i shoved him inside before putting on the healing pod suit.

I stand outside of lances pod and finally take in the rest of him. His eyes closed gently, mouth in a strait line on his face, a very unusual look for the always smiling paladin. Some of his hair floats around in the thick liquid that incased him, his nose has blood falling from it as well. His tan skin looking paler then normal.

"Ooooh god"i mumble and fall to my knees in front of his pod.i could have lost him today, he took a hit for me again, he always does this, again and again and again. Each time my heart feels like it is emptied of all emotion, a hollow feeling is left every damn time, and every time i feel this way till he wakes up, till i can run my hands through his short hair, till i can feel his soft skin, till i can hear is smooth voice speak my name.

Each and every time i am left wondering...why, why would he do this. Why would he put himself in harms way. Does he love watching me practically morn over him every time. Does getting hurt give him a rush he cant live without, is he looking for heroism, attention, or dose he just care to much to watch others get hurt.

Lances pov

I feel my body hit the cool air of the word and fall and like every other time i feel arms catch me. this time i don't even get to see who caught me. They pull me into a tight hug, a warm liquid hits my neck. Soon the person pulls us apart. I see keiths face, a frown placed on his lips, tears in his eyes and on his cheeks. He pulls me in for a kiss his warm lips only stay on mine for a little before they are pulled apart. Still in that short amount of time it sends my soul soaring, putting a rope around my heart and tightening it, squeezing it hard enough to explode, sending a warm feeling through my body heating up my face. We pull apart and he gets close to my ear.

"Please...please stop doing this"he begs into my ear, his voice low and shaky.

"I cant promise anything"i tell him, whispering back in the same low tone. He quickly jerks back and looks into my eyes as if searching.

"Why, why cant your promise, why cant you keep yourself safe"he asks, his voice now sounding more like a whimper.

"I cant stand the idea of you getting hurt, i need to keep you safe. If you got hurt and i could have prevented it i would hate myself"i whisper to him. Instead of being swoon by my words his eyes harden.

"What do you think i feel! Every god damn time we have to rush you into a pod! Watching your beaten body be healed and then you jumping in the way of another attack just to get hurt again!"Keith yells, another round of tears form in his eyes.

"I love you...please i just want you to be safe. Please promise me you'll try to stay safe"he begs again, the sad look on his face breaking me.

"I promise"i say, feeling shame consume me as i speak the words. Keith pulls me int a tight hug again a smile now on his face....but i know

...that he will be disappointed in me when he finds out i lied. I cant let him get hurt.

"I love you"i whisper into his ear rubbing his back. Maybe thats why i started the wish each other luck and share a nice moment before battle, because i knew that when I died i wanted him to know i cared...