Wake up call

~~~Keith's pov~~~

"Goodnight (y/n)" I mumbled even though she was already gone.

I went into my room and got ready for bed, replaying the wonderful evening that had just finished.
Shiro was so happy and Allura was beaming, just the thought of them being so happy made me smile.

But nothing could cloud the thoughts of me and (y/n) dancing and then my mind wandered to the kiss.

I wanted to sleep but I couldn't, that moment was keeping me blissfully awake.

It was about half an hour before I gave up trying to sleep and decided to go for a walk. I still felt warm inside as I began wandering around the castle hoping to wear myself out.

I heard something that sounded like a muffled scream up ahead I ran towards (y/n)'s father's room...

~~~your pov~~~

I practically glided to my room still slightly dizzy from what just happened.

I kissed Keith! My mind screamed over and over.

Taking off my heels I breathed a huge sigh of relief before moving towards my mirror to remove my makeup.

I then decided to say goodnight to my father, which I always did, before going to bed I had the brightest grin on my face. Just thinking about Keith made my cheeks heat up.

I knocked on the door expecting him to still be up.
But there was no response.
I knocked again thinking he hadn't heard me or was deeply involved in his books.

Still nothing.
I pulled a confused face I knew I should stay calm, but I couldn't stop my heart from speeding up.

I tried the handle it was sticky but it opened.

"Father?..." I called into the dark room.
I still heard nothing.

I was about to leave when I heard a groan. I squinted trying to see in the darkness.

I managed to find a light switch and the bright lights made my eyes slam shut.

I slowly opened them to land on my father. My eyes widened in fear, his face was pale and hung slightly, his eyes looked dark and weak he looked up at me and coughed spitting blood out in the process.
He tried to move but he groaned as he did.

I just stood there.
I covered my mouth with my hand and screamed hoping to get someone's attention.

I ran out of the room hoping to find someone who could help, anyone.
I turned a corner in the dark and ran into someone.
Keith.

"Keith, it's my father... He's... I don't know...a doctor. He needs a doctor." I sobbed.

He nodded yelling something at a servant before turning to me pulling me close, he held me so gently like I might crumble in his hands if he wasn't careful. Which made me cry more.
I didn't know what to do.

~~~Keith's pov~~~

I told a servant to get a doctor and get Shiro and Allura. I turned to see (y/n)'s face illuminated by the moon, her face was stained with tears her (e/c) eyes red, she lent on the wall shivering slightly.
She looked at me with fear in her eyes and I couldn't let her stay this way I pulled her close holding her gently as she sobbed more.

Shiro appeared moments later, concern filled his eyes as he looked at me and then (y/n).
"It's her father. Go." I nodded to Shiro, as I ran my fingers through (y/n)'s (h/l) hair.
Coran ran along next with Allura close behind, she looked fearful at her friend huddled up in my arms.

"What happening?" Lance asked appearing with Hunk.

"(Y/n)'s dad has become seriously ill. We need a doctor immediately." Shiro said taking charge, Lance nodded before patting me on the shoulder and running off to get the doctor.

"(Y/n) you need to come with me" Coran said calmly pulling her away from me. I instantly felt cold as she walked with him into the room, I followed close behind. A gasp escaped my lips when I saw him, his face pale and he had a small amount of blood on the side of his mouth. He was shaking and his breathing looked like it was forced.

I stood next to (y/n) taking hold of her hand and squeezing it signifying that I was there.

Coran and Shiro managed to get him on the the bed, before letting (y/n) sit next to him. She had calmed herself down and was now sitting patiently waiting for the doctor.

I heard footsteps and saw Lance running pulling an older man behind him.

Lance walked in and froze seeing the man he called a friend and a mentor lying on his death bed.

The doctor pushed past Lance and approached (y/n)'s father. He placed his bag down and got a note pad out and checked his pulse.

He did several tests as (y/n) watched in with sadness and fear in her eyes.
I watched in horror as the man shook his head.

A few tears rolled down (y/n)'s cheeks as she stared at her father in front of her.
He used every ounce of energy he had to reach up and pull her close. He kissed the top of her head and held her close she allowed herself to cry, she didn't hold back she just laid her head on his chest and wept.

The doctor ushered us out of the room, none of us disagreed but I stayed near the door incase she needed me.

~~~your pov~~~

I allowed the waterfall of tears to fall from my eyes making my father's chest wet. I could hear his heart, beating slowly.

"(Y/n)?" He said in a weak voice.

"Yes father?" I choked out.

"I love you (y/n)...I love you..."
I heard his heart beat for the last time.
I heard him slip from my grasp.
I lay there and cried. No scratch that I screamed.
I heard the door open but I didn't respond to whoever it was.

"I love you dad..." I whispered in his ear as more tears fell.

I felt someone pull me into a hug but I just stared at him not feeling anything.
I felt empty.