Chapter 30

A/N Hey everyone! I don't normally do these but I just wanted to let everyone know that after thinking, I've decided to do this chapter from Luke's POV. This will be the only chapter from his POV so after this, it's back to our normal programming

Luke's POV

Amaia Moore has posted a new video.

I have no idea how long I stared at the notification, debating whether I should click on the link. My guitar lay discarded next to my drums for the first time in days, music is the only thing that drowns everything out. She was haunting me. It seemed like everywhere I turned, there was something that reminded me of her.

I couldn't sleep on her side of the bed. Every morning I just expected her to be there, sleeping peacefully or downstairs laughing with Stella. Her damn scarf that she left here months ago sat on my dresser until a few days ago, when I just couldn't handle it staring at me anymore and shoved it in my drawer.

With a deep breath, I click on the link which brings me to an unfamiliar YouTube channel. Why had she made her own channel? A shot of ice cold fear hits me, she wouldn't leave the band, would she?

The first thing I notice when the video begins to play is how... broken she looks. Dark purples bruises rim the eyes I fell in love with. Those beautiful sea-green eyes have grown dull and lifeless and that makes me angry at myself even more. I had done this.

"Hey everyone, Amaia here. You might be wondering why this is on a different channel and I'll be honest, I'm not longer part of Dusk To Dawn," I freeze. No longer apart of the band? Did she hate me that much?

I couldn't say I blame her.

There were only two words to describe what it was like listening to that damn song: beautiful torture. Every memory hit me like a bus and reminded me of everything I love about her. I love the way her eyes crinkle in the corners when she smiles, I love how she was hopeless at guitar, I love how caring she is.

I just love her.

There's a soft knock on the door. "Luke?" Stella asks gently, opening the door. "What are you- oh," she stops when she sees the paused video on my phone. "Why are you torturing yourself?" she asks softly, sitting next to me.

"She quit the band," I whisper, mostly to myself.

"She quit?" Stella asks. "I hate to say it, but maybe it was for the best."

It almost surprised me to hear her say it. Stella knew everything that happened, I'm pretty sure Thomas told her when she called him to ask him why he punched me. She should hate me, just like I hate myself. I give her an incredulous look.

"Luke, you're hurting, it would only hurt you more if you had to see her every day at rehearsal," she says gently.

I sigh and roll my eyes, I'm tired of everyone only caring about me in this situation. Maya's the one who I hurt, not the other way around. Just because we've only known her since August doesn't mean that she was any less important than me. "Just go away," I huff.

Stella, seemingly tired of fighting to get me out of my room like she has been the past few days, leaves without a single retort, the door closing behind her with a soft click.

I don't know why Maya leaving the band affects me so much. Maybe I had some hope that by some miracle she would take me back or maybe I just wanted to look out for her, like I promised. I couldn't ask Thomas why she left, he hates me at this point. Adam's well... Adam and there is no way in hell I'm talking to Hannah. So that just leaves one person.