9 - Love

HISTORY

"Mom? Mom!" Hoseok screamed as he searched the house for his beloved parent. He was beyond excited to spend yet another night at Jimin's place.

His mom said that they'll be leaving at 6 PM. It was currently 6:02 PM and Hoseok was getting even more desperate to see his best friend/crush.

"Mom!" he screamed once again before he finally reached the kitchen.

His mom stood there with her new boyfriend, Jeongson. Their bodies were pressing close together and their mouth was connected in a loving, passionate kiss. Hoseok stood at the doorway dumbfounded and cocked his head to the side, trying to figure out what they were doing.

He saw how the man's tongue entered his mom's mouth. He cringed at the sight, yet he was too interested to look away.

During the kiss, his mom's eyes fluttered open and caught a sight of Hoseok staring at them. Her eyes widen and he quickly pushes her boyfriend away.

"Hoseokie!" she said surprised.

Hoseok groaned "can we pleaseee just go already?"

His mom exchanged gaze with Jeongson for a brief moment before his mom nodded.

"Uh, right, honey I'm taking Hoseokie to Jimin's house" she said and then leaned in and whispered "and he'll sleep over."

The man smirked and looked at Hoseok "have fun kid."

"I could've already be having fun if mom would hurry up" he replies pettily.

"Right, sorry."

His mom pressed a quick peck on her boyfriend's cheek and sent a loving smile his way before she took Hoseok's hand.

"I'll be back soon, bye" she said, with a small 'bye' from Hoseok following her sentence.

She put on her shoes while Hoseok made a run for the car, as he was already wearing his sneakers.

His mom unlocked the car and he jumped onto the back seats, knowing he was still too small to ride in the front seat. He watched as his mom slowly made her way into the car as well and fastened her seat belt.

"Seat belts on?" she asked.

Hoseok quickly puts his seat belt on and then nods.

With a turn of the car keys, they drove off their driveway onto the street. 

His mom spared a glance at the mirror and smiled upon seeing Hoseok lightly move his head with the beat of the music that was playing on the radio.

She chuckled "do you like this song, Hoseokie?"

Hoseok smiled and nodded his head, hearing how the music became slightly louder. He kept dancing to the song with limited moves as he had a seat belt around him.

He started singing along and heard his mom join in on the singing. The song ended with a loud cheer erupting from the two and a few giggles.

Hoseok's gaze then fell on his mother's face that he could see in the mirror.

"Hey mom" he called out.

"Yes sweetie?" she asked.

"What were you and Jeongson doing earlier?"

His mom almost slammed on the break as she choked on air.

"W-well, you see..." she drifted off, trying to think of the most innocent way to explain it to him.