Insomnia

Jeremy's pov
I groaned slightly and sat up, annoyed at the situation: I couldn't sleep. I'd been trying to go to sleep for almost three hours now, and with no success. I sighed and tugged on my hair slightly. I need sleep medicine or something.

I glanced down to the floor, where Michael was sleeping on a makeshift bed. He'd refused to sleep on the bed because he wanted me to.

God, I love him.

No! I can't think like that; I can't be in love with my best friend. It could ruin years of friendship and I don't think I could live without Michael. I groaned again, annoyed at myself.

Michael stirred slightly, before blinking his eyes open and sitting up, "Jeremy?" He questioned, rubbing his eyes, "Are you okay?"

"I can't sleep."

Michael hesitated for a second but then stood up and sat next to me on the bed, putting an arm around me. I immediately leaned into him and buried my head in his chest. I shut my eyes again, trying to fall asleep.

Just as I was about to drift off I heard Michael talk under his breath, "I love you."

I could tell that I wasn't meant to hear it, but I couldn't help opening my eyes and looking at him in surprise. His face drained of colour when he realised I'd heard.

"Jere, I'm so s-sorry. I-I just-I-"

"Micha, I love you too."

He immediately relaxed and pulled me closer to him. I snuggled into him and he kissed my forehead, making me smile widely. I shut my eyes again and I managed to get to sleep.

Turns out, all I needed was Michael Mell.