Chapter 3 - Spectrum

I slept very comfortably the previous night, my head no longer hurts and the morning sun makes me feel energized to the day that is to come, the first thing I did was look at Valkyrie and see if anything had changed from the previous night, to my surprise everything was still the same; outside in the plaza I saw a big commotion and a large crowd gathered around the fountain.

Grabbing Valkyrie and putting it inside the closet I descend onto the kitchen and began preparing breakfast, by the sun's position I could tell it was still 7:30 Am, cooking some pancakes with eggs leaving various plates ready for whoever may want to eat it I walk into the window and eat my food as I watch the plaza trying to understand what is going on in there, Lilith comes into the room after a while and grabs a plate and sits on the chair looking outside as well.

"You have any idea what's going on in there Lilith?" I asked while preparing coffee.

"No, however it must be one of those thieves, they're quite common around here, after all they have to keep running all the time so that the Templars won't catch them." She said looking at me. "Why? Are you worried about the commotion Joseph?" She asked looking outside.

"No, I prefer staying outside problems, however..." I said stopping and looking up at the ceiling. "Problems come to me most of the time, and I'm sure that will affect me." I spoke while looking out the window.

"Isn't it too early to be contemplating your life?" She said sarcastically. "You seem to be very dramatic about your life." She laughed as she said that.

"Dramatic me? I may come across like that but is just that I have a lot in my mind." I said grabbing a mug and filling it and sitting on the table with Lilith giving her one of the mugs. "Did Dave and Celestia leave already?" I asked while drinking the coffee.

"Most certainly yes, the Aurum Magnus school starts at 5:00 Am; They are lucky if they are able to sleep ten hours a day." She said looking at the kitchen. "You're doing a good job; Naoko must be pleased." She said as she drank her coffee.

"I guess..." I said remembering I didn't ask anything about Lilith. "You mind if I ask you a few questions?" I said crossing my legs.

"Not at all go ahead." She said as she finished her coffee.

"How old are you Lilith?" I said trying to make an estimate of her age, I would say 17 to 18 years old.

"I'm 16 years old, I complete 17 on the 6th of Blehisius." She answered while staring at me.

"How can I be older than you? I look younger than you." I said while looking at my reflection.

"That might have to do with my magic and race, you see I'm not a Human nor an Elf; I'm a Fallen someone that lost all memories from its last life and doesn't remember the race it belonged to." She said while showing her magic. "This might explain why I look older than you." She said smiling. "Or maybe you're just immature." She said in a sarcastic tone.

"Ha, ha, very funny..." I said starring at her, thinking what else to ask her. "How long have you lived in this Inn?" I asked while looking at the commotion in the plaza which seemed to increase.

"I've been living here for about four years, I help around in the garden that they have in the back, Naoko sells the flowers we cultivate to gain more money for the Inn." Lilith said standing up and looking outside. "This looks bad; I think they will kill someone in there." She said calmly observing the crowd.

"Kill? Over what simple theft? Do they have any evidence?" I said turning my gaze at her.

"They are not settling down, whoever they caught in there will die by the end of today." She said returning to her table.