CHAPTER 4 - Have You Missed Me?

All this time, locked up in a dark basement, made her believe that she would never breathe fresh air again, never see the daylight again and never feel free again.

She had thought the only thing that would get her out of there was her death. But she had made it. On her own, she had managed to escape and even now, as she was sneaking past the guards on the outer side who were already after her, she could not believe how she was able to make it this far.

She was still badly injured and meanwhile had new wounds that caused her to lose so much blood that it caused black dots to dance in front of her eyes.

She would not hold out much longer.

With this feeling in mind, she took the risk of running across the street towards the next best shelter. Behind a parked truck she threw herself to the ground and held her breath for a moment, pressing her hand against her mouth, fearing that someone might have seen or heard her. But God seemed to help her at that moment. The voices of the men talking about whether they had already seen or heard something remained silent and slowly moved away from her.

Panting, she held her wounds closed and tried to grasp a clear thought. She was not allowed to wait much longer. She could not lose any time. Otherwise, she would never make it to the hospital again. And that would mean that the attempt to find her baby would fail because she was the only one who had a chance to save him.

???: "Don't worry my child. I won't give up on you." she barely breathed a sound.

The thought of her little boy, her own flesh and blood, was the thing she was clinging to all the time and so she slowly rose to her feet again and dragged herself forward in spite of the unbearable pain, towards the downtown area - constantly in fear of being followed by someone.

---

Even though you could usually enjoy your sleep, it seemed a little different that night. Your sleep was restless. You couldn't even call it a real sleep. It was more like dozing off constantly.

So every time you fell asleep again, you found yourself in a nightmare in which you were going through the happenings of Minseo's disappearance over and over again. Relief spread within you every time you returned to reality, breathing heavily and finding yourself in the arms of your boyfriend who, unlike you, was sleeping safe and sound beside you. His calm steady breath as well as his blissful sight when you turned around to him, in order to make sure that you were no longer in the terrible situation of your dream, in which you hunted for the cruel guys, allowed you to breathe a gentle sigh of relief. Still thrilled by the adrenaline that had chased your pulse up, but still much calmer than a few seconds before, you were able to convince yourself to close your eyes again and give your sleep, which hopefully would be better this time, a new chance.

This time your agonizing dreams actually held on to you longer. You dreamed of the way the kidnapping must have happened. Of course these games were due to your imagination because you hadn't been there. You couldn't assume that this tragedy had actually happened like that. Only one scene had certainly sprung from reality. The meeting with the saleswoman.

And you noticed something important. A detail that you almost missed.

As if you have been drowning, you gasped for air when you woke up. Within seconds your upper body shot up before you were sitting straight up in bed looking for your anchor point. But the arm that had held you by his side earlier, and therefore also on the mattress, was gone, the half of the bed next to you empty, the sheet cooled down if still smelling like him. Yoongi must have left you alone a while ago. You just didn't know why. Usually there was no place he would rather be than lying in his bed.