CHAPTER 7 - Father's Son

Although you gave up chasing the van any further, you couldn't get rid of the feeling that there was something up with that one. Of course, you couldn't be sure and you could be mistaken but Taehyung had certainly seen this van had kidnaped Minseo. What was worrying you, even more, was that it was all linking to the father of your boyfriend. That's why you struggled to explain to him what you found out about but still followed him home. Maybe there was a chance to ask his mother first, because you were sure, that Yoongi didn't know anything about it. Or did he? But why hadn't he said anything then, when Taehyung told you?

You:  "So what's wrong with your mother? With what did you have to help her out?" curiosity caused you to ask him all sorts of things.

Yoongi was about to open the front door to his mother's apartment, as he looked up at you and pushed it open afterwards.

Yoongi: "It's because of my father. Since they got back together everything went quite well, until he beat her up yesterday."

You felt instantly nauseous as you heard about that and uttered a heavy sigh. Yoongi had feared that to happen and you honestly expected it, that's why you wondered that she gave this man a second chance in the first place. People can change, for sure, but you knew something was smelly about them being back together. However, everything seemed suspicious to you at that moment.

You:  "Is it really okay to invite me now? I would understand if she doesn't want me to be here."

Yoongi:  "I asked her before and she seemed fine with it. She's looking forward to meeting you and maybe this would distract her from what happened." he said, giving you a soft smile as you two entered the living room.

Yoongi started to look around before he called his mother. But no answer came and she was nowhere to be seen. You would bet your own ass that she was just ashamed of this incident. That's why she didn't deny Yoongi's request. But in the end, she wouldn't show up anyways.

Yoongi:  "I'm sure she will come back soon." he sighed and got rid of his jacket before he accompanied you on the couch where you awkwardly took a seat.

Your boyfriend layed an arm around you, as he watched your side profile attentively and chuckled a bit. Then he pulled you closer to him and placed a little kiss on your cheek. He knew why you felt so uncomfortable at this place. It was his father's fault.

Yoongi:  "Relax, babe. We got this. And my father isn't home yet. You don't have to worry about anything anyways, as long as you have me by your side."

Unfortunately, not even Yoongi could comfort you, for the first time ever.

Yoongi:  "You do trust me, don't you?"

You didn't answer, instead, you turned your head towards him and looked him in the eyes for a long time before you finally spoke up.

You:  "You would tell me if you know something about Minseo's disappearing, right?"

Yoongi hesitated, as he kept looking at you but then he rolled his eyes a little annoyed.

Yoongi: "What is that about now?"

You knew exactly, that Yoongi reacted allergically when your distrustful behavior was addressed to him. Back then, before you two started to date, he was much more understanding but with time your trust became a thing he took for granted.

You: "I'm just being careful, I'm sorry." you mumbled quietly.

But this did not turn the situation to the better. On the contrary, your discussion became more and more heated.