CHAPTER 8 - Series of Choices

Only the white clock could be heard ticking annoyingly, as second after second passed by. A white clock that was matching with the white walls, white seats, white coffee table, white floor, white ceiling – yeah, everything was white inside here and if these weren't enough hints already, you could tell by the strong smell, you were sitting inside a hospital.
The same hospital you visited so often when your sister was going through the fight of surviving, day by day.

But you haven't been waiting here for hours all on your own. Jin, Jungkook, Jimin, Namjoon, and Yoongi had gathered along the busy corridor in front of the CCU.
There was a waiting area, decorated with a few plants, a vending machine, a water dispenser and some of the magazines that Jin was reading.

Once Jin peeked to his friends after a long time, he noticed that every single person next to him pulled a face as long as a fiddle.

Jin: "Honestly, y' all look miserable."

Jin raised his eyes completely from the magazine inside his hands, looking around the room quite insecure. No one was talking but rather gave off this vibe, Jin couldn't ignore any longer. He couldn't stand this atmosphere.

Jungkook: "Same goes for you. Thank you very much."

The youngest was looking like he had a stick up his ass, sitting on the very edge of the chair, as he supported his lower arm on his thighs. From time to time his hands ruffled through his hair before he started to look around anxiously again. However, his eyes never took a rest. He was tensed, too tensed to close them for a moment.

Jin, on the other hand, tried his best to calm down after Namjoon had forced him to read all of these magazines for distraction purposes.

Jin: "Yah! No need to speak to your hyung like that." he scoffed as he sent Jungkook an offended glare.

He expected Jungkook to ignore it, what he did in fact. He even passed on giving an answer or an apology.
Instead of him, Yoongi who was leaning against the wall spoke up.

Yoongi: "No need to mention it either."

Jin: "Guys, we need to talk about this. We always used to tell each other anything."

Jin closed the magazine inside his hands and threw it carelessly on top of the others that were spread all over the table.
Meanwhile, Yoongi was watching him totally not impressed.

Yoongi: "There is nothing to talk about." he insisted.

But as Jin took a closer look at him, he arched his eyebrow in disbelief.

Jin: "Even you can't hide it, Yoongi."

Even through Yoongi once again had his poker face on, Jin could tell within a blink of an eye that there was something up. Especially when you didn't seem to meet his eyes once.

Yoongi: "Hide what?"

Yoongi shrugged his shoulders but crossed his arms in front of his chest, defending his emotions.

Jin: "Seriously?! You two don't even look at each other."

Yoongi: "We already know what we're looking like." he answered cockily without thinking twice.

Again his coldness convinced Jin from the opposite. Slightly disappointed, he rolled his eyes.

Jin: "Yeah, and usually you can't get enough from this sight."

A quiet chuckle escaped Jimin's throat as he was watching the three of you. Jin's comment sounded just right from his point of view. But he became silent in an instant, as soon Yoongi's dark glare told him to shut up.