Discussion with a Deity

Jack's POV

When we saw the altar, I was extremely curious. I started to walk towards the abnormal sight, when Mark caught my hand. After walking up to me, we stared at each other for a second, before pulling me in, giving me a quick peck on the lips. I blushed, and was speechless.

"I love you, Jack...", he whispered. "I know." I calmly replied, "you said that right after I got my wings."

He looked at me confused. "I never said that!" In response, I stared at him blankly. "Are you now saying that you don't actually love me," I gently teased. 

With an offended look on his face, he leaned in for another kiss, when a green light exploded from the altar. From the light, came an elegant woman dressed in green, and was decked in flowers. She spoke with a kind tone,

"Finally, our heroes have come to start an amazing adventure, that will be both long and difficult. Oh, and I'm sorry for interrupting your romantic moment."

Mark and I blushed instantaneously, and looked at each other. "How did she know?" I whispered.

"Oh, I'm sorry that I can't explain much, though I can't explain this. Your goal is to meet my three other siblings who will help you realize your true potentials as knights of the Royal Court. Your purpose is to join those who want to protect our kingdom of Dae'alis. We are all at danger, but you can save everyone-" 

Rosa was cut off as something whizzed past my ear and impaled itself into her shoulder. She screamed and vines appeared from the earth, and entangled another hellhound, suffocating the vile creature. The vines eventually released the dog, dropping it dead on the ground. 

She ripped the needle-like projectile from her shoulder, without difficulty muttering, "Poison Sting...they're hunting me." She turned towards Mark and I speaking with a twinge of pain hidden deep within her voice, "You must go to Wild Wind Beach, where you will meet my sister, Aquos Wind, who will help Jack realize his full potential. But before you go, take this.

She handed Mark an emerald in the shape of a leaf. "In times of need, just speak my name to this stone, and I will come straight to your side to help you. You must leave now." 

"I thought we were to fight you to prove our worth", I complied in confusion.

"Oh, you are so silly, Jack. Your heart is all I need to know that it is truly our heroes. It is so kind and compassionate... Goodbye for now." she replied sweetly.

In a column of green the same as the first, Rosa Terra disappeared from our sight. A moment later, A cloud of fog enveloped us. When it dissipated, we were at the entrance to the forest yet again.

"I'm gonna beat you!", teased Mark before he took off like a cheetah. "I don't think so!" I yelled. I unraveled my wings, before shooting off like a jet after Mark, easily catching up to him. He stuck his tongue out, making me laugh. To be continued...