Chapter Twenty Five

Kendall's POV:

    That night, I was getting ready to go to bed. Since my old room had turned into Mum's gallery - she paints and put her paintings in my room - I was sleeping in the guest room. The lads, girls, and Paul are staying at a hotel that is a few blocks away, and Harry is staying with me for tonight. I'm not complaining, though; I need him here with me. After changing into a white tank top and purple short shorts, I walked out of the bathroom, ready to jump on to the bed for some sleep. But when I walked into the room, I saw Harry sitting there on the bed, shirtless, only wearing Calvin Klein boxers, and was fiddling with his thumbs. He looked nervous - I wonder why.

    Walking up to him, I sat down next to him on the edge of the bed. "Hey, you okay?" I asked him softly.

    "Actually..." he trailed off. "I, um, need to er, give you something."

    I frowned slightly. "Okay..."

    Harry let out a sigh and turned to face me. "I'm, uh, really not good at this. So I'm just going to give it to you," he stuttered nervously. Awh, it's so cute how nervous he looks. I saw that he was clutching something in his right hand, and taking my left hand in his, he placed a small white leather box in it. I frowned slightly, and opened it up. I let out a small gasp when I saw it. It was solid gold heart shaped locket, with a small diamond encrusted in the middle. When I opened it to look what it had inside, I was almost tearing up. On the left side, was a picture of Harry and I when we were ten. We both were grinning, revealing our dimples, and my arm was around his shoulders and his was around my waist. On the right side, there was a picture of Harry and I that we had taken a few weeks ago. In the picture, he was giving me a piggy back ride. My red hair and his brown curls were flying in the wind, and we were grinning widely.

    "Check the back of it," Harry said quietly, still fiddling with his thumbs.

    Automatically, I turned the locket. On the back, a few words were engraved in fancy writing. 'Harry & Kendall. Forever & Always.' I looked at Harry with a smile on my face. "It's beautiful, Harry," I whispered. Harry looked up, grinning, and his sparkling green eyes met mine. "I love it. Put it on me?" I asked.

    He nodded and I turned around after handing him the locket. Collecting my hair, I pulled it up front. I saw Harry pull up the locket above my head and I felt the cold necklace rest on my neck as he did the latch. Once he was done, I turned to face him and gave him a kiss. "Thank you, Harry. I love it."

    He smiled. "I'm glad you do," he said. "You should get some sleep."

    Just then, I let out a small yawn and giggled. "Yeah, guess so."

    There on the bed, I fell asleep in the most amazing boy's arms.

**************

    The next morning, I woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon. Looking next to me, I saw that Harry wasn't there. So I guess he's most likely awake. Letting out a yawn, I get up from bed and walk out of the guest room and into the kitchen. There, I see Harry sitting down on one of the dining room chairs and Mum is cooking some breakfast. Mum sees me and smiles, "Morning, love."