Chapter Twenty-Four {The Calm before the storm}

{Andy Fowler}
"Rye, you make me happy," I whispered softly, as we walked down the river walk.

I saw him smile.

"You make me happy too baby, a lot more than you think," He replied, pulling me in for a kiss.

"I'm happy that I'm with you," I said, snuggling into his chest.

He held me tighter.

"I love you so much, I'll never hurt you and I'll love you unconditionally until the day I die Andy, I know you've been hurt and I'll fix you, that's my promise to you.

I smiled as I felt tears of joy fall down my cheeks.

"I love you too Rye, so much," I whispered softly, leaning up on my tippy toes and kissing him.

And as they say, this was only the calm before the storm

~
"Rye don't go there!" I yelled.

"Well maybe if you weren't hiding things from me then maybe I wouldn't have lost trust in you," Rye snapped.

"I had too! I can hide things if I want Rye, I don't need someone hovering over me like my mom or Dad because you know what? It stresses me the fuck out!" I shot back.

"Maybe you should be more open and put more trust in me," Rye stated.

"Rye, I don't trust people with the snap of my fingers, you can't just assume I'll tell you everything, you can't just assume that just because you're my boyfriend doesn't mean that I'll trust you with every damn secret I have, I've been hurt one too many times to find out opening up to people is a bad idea and if I have to keep it in, so be it," I replied, backing away from Rye and going to me room.

"This is over Andrew," He growled from the other side of my door and went to his room.

I was now in panic mode and I needed someone but I knew that wasn't gonna he Rye because right now, he was too mad and angry and quite frankly I was afraid of him because I knew he could hurt me but maybe not, I haven't seen him hurt someone but that's my fear.

I called Mikey up.

The call rang a few times before he finally picked up.

"Hey man, what's up," He said cheerfully

"M-mikey," I whimpered.

"Whats wrong love?" Mikey questioned.

"Rye," I choked.

"Fight?" He asked.

"Y-yeah," I replied, struggling to hold back tears.

"Want me to come over?" He asked calmly.

"Y-yeah, I need someone right now," I sobbed.

"I'll be there soon," Mikey replied before hanging up.

20:45

Mikey finally arrived and I practically latched myself onto him and sobbed.

"I'm scared Mikey," I cried.

"Why?" He whispered softly.

"Because this is the same reason why my ex broke up with me," I replied.

"Hey, rye won't breakup with you, I know him all too well okay? He loves you too much too break you," Mikey reasoned.

"S-still," I trailed off.

"Hey, you need to let rye calm down before you talk to him again," Mikey said.