[22.1] House of Sarcophagi ~pt1

*unedited*

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla had not slept well the night before. From her crying over Jerome (Amber would have been horrified to hear Camilla-Anne Rutter was crying over a boy of all things) and then the fact Mr Zombie Frobby himself decided to spend the night summoning something (thanks to Anubis house, she was aware of that fact though unsure what he was doing exactly) the girl might have gotten 20 mins sleep max. Instead, she'd pottered around the Lab until the earliest point she could sneak back into Anubis house without suspicion.

In fact, she was in the kitchen still in her comfy clothes of Eddies joggy bottoms and an old Harry Potter Hufflepuff jumper of Alfie's in the kitchen, not wanting to wake up Mara and Patricia to get dressed, as Eddie came shuffling in still in his PJ's looking as if he slept as much as she did.

"Cam..." the boy croaked as he sleepy realised he wasn't alone and what Camilla was doing. Making at least her 4th cup of coffee. Now Camilla was strictly a tea girly so any coffee on her lips was a warning sign to all. "you're drinking coffee like you haven't slept all night. Are you okay?"

"Never better", Camilla mumbled, trying to hide her shaking hand as the caffeine hit her.

Eddie looked over at the girl and sighed. "Robert?" he asked as he opened the bread bin, took out a bagle from inside, and bit into it.

Camilla simply nodded her head as she glanced his way. This was serious, and this was getting bad. They needed to figure something out now.

The two stayed like that in silence, sipping the extremely strong coffee Camilla made and each biting into a bagel in the dim light of the kitchen window. Only moving when they hard shuffling from inside the house.

"We call a Sibuna meeting at breakfast..." Eddie whispered to Camilla, who rubbed at her eyes. He wasn't sure if it was just the dim light or his deliriousness due to lack of sleep, but if he wasn't so worried about Robert, he'd have sworn Camilla had been crying, and that's what had kept her up all night.

The girl didn't say anything but nodded her head as she yawned. They needed to get on top of this fast before Robert grew in power. This wasn't like an evil spirit who couldn't do anything to them. Robert was the expert in his field, and sadly for them, he knew the truth about the gods and real magic, so they had to act fast.

The pair departed only to meet again 20 minutes later as they settled at the table alongside their classmates. Alfie grabbed Camilla instantly and pulled her into the seat next to him, giving her the same concerned glances she was used to getting from Fabian.

"You okay?" Alfie asked as Jerome walked in and glanced Camilla's way.

Camilla gave her friend a tired smile as she shrugged her shoulders slightly. "It's better this way. A little lonelier maybe, but better," she admitted to her friend, ignoring Jerome across the table from them.

Jerome glanced over at her again, trying to sneak glances so Willow and Mara didn't notice.

Her nose was pink, and the skin around her eyes were red and blotchy. Camilla looked up and glanced over at him, clearly feeling his gaze on her. That was when Jerome noticed something he had never noticed before; her eyes seemed a lighter, more chocolate brown than usual when she cried as if her dark brown eyes softened as she cried. At that moment, most people would simply see an upset girl, but that's not what he saw.

To him, Camilla could never be simple or ordinary.

To him, she was the most beautiful girl he knew.